Hi Oldman. Shaynus already posted my photo on 18/6. I am looking forward to seeing other entries/photos.

I see Scalextric are about to offer 1979 Camaro Z28 but not available for sale yet. Mine is as close as I could get.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Thanks for advice Oldman. I got the same from courier that it had been delivered yesterday so good to get confirmation.

No idea how it will go on your tracks/surfaces or with your drivers as everything is so different to home. Car was also barely tested so hope it holds together.

Trust you will sort MJK tyres as apart from my rally and Tasman cars they are not allowed locally.

While this car has some weight I did find motor very peaky unlike equivalent Slot-it and NSR motors which are very smooth. They appear to use a lot of these motors in Canberra though so perhaps I am worried about nothing. All I can say is drive smooth and let the car do the rest.

Really looking forward to this proxy as my last was a total disaster entirely of my own making.  Sports Racer will know what I mean.

This was a bit late for me to have a go at this year , interested to see some pictures of the entries give me an idea of doing something for the future , are fantasy liveries allowed , best of luck to all involved ( except Paul, Sports Racer ) he don't need it chuckle

• Like 1

Thanks Mr Gunn, photos in 2..3 weeks when Shaynus gets back from holidays .....I made a few mistakes mainly not enough time to build the cars hopfully I get it right next year.

Received the MJK tyres from Syd (wascg) thanks Syd..... now 28 wheels on the tyre truer ( like John said it will like watching the wheels go round )

thanks Oldman

Hi Oldman.

You must have a big tyre truer but I do not have one of those flash ones so what would I know. Looking forward to photos. Sounds like all the cars have arrived and you have ended with 14 entries which is excellent.

Keep up the good work. Do not get giddy watcjhing those wheels go round.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Do you do a final truing on the wheels that they have to go on?

Mine need a final trueing with 1600 grade (wet) and the outer corners sanded back to clear the bodywork. 1s't cut, 2mm @ 45 degrees. 2nd and 3rd at 30 degrees off the 1st cut, 1mm please.

Should only take you an extra hour or 2. You've got nothing better to do, right? 

If my car doesn't win every race I'll blame you. 

Don't you love being a proxy organiser. :D

May the downforce be with you.

Hi Oldman and Sports Racer.

I thought you guys raced on 250 grit paint so you can sand the roof and sides as well as the tyres.

While you guys try to take each other out perhaps somebody else might sneak past. Probably not me.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi Sports Racer.

Almost as impressive as my experience. West of East Island to West of West Island in 9ays via Sydney stop-over.

Don't  you just hate to be second.

No doubt you will make up for it on track. I may have to release a few sheep to slow you down.

Edited by charlesx

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to get drivers for Wednesday evening Im sure it will go ahead im looking forward to getting it started .Im moving the track to a bigger shed in aprox 4 weeks time so Ill go to plan B which I dont have right now but Im working on it,.......thanks Oldman