BATHURST PROXY

We have 11 entries...ALEK...SHAYNUS...OLDMAN...PEPSY...PAUL...GAZZA...SPORTSRACER...MACCA...TOM...RON....BRUNO

If I could get tyre sizes so that I can put in the order by the 24 June

Any other entries can be added  untill the 24 June

2nd car can be added

Thanks Oldman

nice work Charlesx

Hi Oldman.

Please tell me how to pay entry. Can I pay via Paypal. Need your email address. Car will be posted Monday.

Surprised you did not have me in list but perhaps because I have not paid. Tyre size for my car appears to be about 19x10 but not sure. My AUSLOT name is Charlesx.

The MJK tyres I tried appeared to be 19.5 x 11 but I do not know number. Think rear ali wheels are 16inch NSR.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

No problem Oldman. Just happen to have some Aussie money left over from last trip so have put in enough to hopefully cover entry and  back to NZ after proxy.

Might see you in person next April as coming over to stay with kids. Would like to try your track in person if possible. Been to Syd's 3 times over last few years.

Pity you did not get better entry. I do not see Syd or Matt. Tell them I said "no excuses allowed" or perhaps standard Scaly has put them off.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Thanks Tank.

Yes well aware of that but Oldman said OK and not much difference. Widened wheel arches main difference.

Have had a lot of fun doing Network 9 livery. Hoping there will be a good range of models. Other option was Sierra but it is very narrow. This is why I suggested maximum width of 60mm.

Personally I do not recall any Bathurst 1000 car having wheels outside body. It is probably not allowed. It is not my proxy however and rules are quite clear.

Regards Chas Le Breton

PS. I could have up-dated of course but has to be standard. Why are you not entered? Note that Transam is very similar to Z28.

Edited by charlesx

Hi Charlesx,  Not sure why we didnt get more to enter but we have to start somewhere hoprfully more next year we have 14 cars now so I think we will have a good run.

When you come over your wellcome at our club we race every Friday night.Good luck with your proxy car its looking good. Thanks Oldman

Hi Oldman,

To my mind - it's pretty straightforward why you haven't received more entries this time around....

To announce a Proxy on May 31st and have a due date 3 or so weeks later ?   

It takes time to source appropriate components from around the world - by the time your entry is finished, the only Scaley component used would've been the bare chassis and body shell...

Everything else is replaced / upgraded - and this takes resources ( $'s & time... ) - so at least 6 weeks lead time is more appropriate..

For example - for the recently concluded World Championship Proxy in North America. My entry was at least a 4 month project - and despite a very poor first couple of rounds finished relatively well overall. But to do it properly, takes a lot of planning and development - and yet, it's still fun!

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Hi Oldman, Shaynus and all.

I agree entirely with BOV but then I relish a challenge. I was lucky that I had a new Scaly Transam Camaro model still in its box although I had a Sierra RS500 I could have used (hardly used as part of newish BTCC series). I am also lucky to be well retired with a good supply of parts from many years of SC racing.

My only real problem was the decals required as I elected to follow the  rules to fullest sense possible. Took me three sign-writing firms to find one that could produce them in the restricted time allowed - one week. Cost me a lot but car is finished and looks the part. I could not use waterslide decals which I could have made myself (colour of car precluded use thereof). Also I did not have time to get from Tassie Phil who has an Alps printer.

Nothing like a bit of Kiwi know-how and determination. Sorry Aussies and the World.

Regards to all. Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Not entirely happy with the Torana, but will send it anyway, still has a tendency to pop out of the slot on tight corners, hopefully not too many on the track and it's noisy and probably slow, but hey someone has to finish last. It does look good tho 

MJK size would be the 4213 20 x 10 slot it size trued down to 19.6 ish. Will post Tuesday or Wednesday included entry fee

MJK size to suit Slot.it alloy rims please but I'll send the car over on MJK tyres.

Prefer you keep my tyres as they are trued the old fashioned way - hundreds of laps on a ferrodore track and chamfered so they suit the lean angles of my XB Falcon.

Thanks

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

Hi Oldman, Shaynus and Sports Racer

The rules are quite clear. Tyres will be supplied and fitted by organisers. That way we all get the same deal, expertise.and running. They will no doubt improve as proxy proceeds.

My Network 9 Camaro car is on way. Sent by courier so hopefully this will speed up delivery.

As per rules car sent without rear tyres. Not sure of MJK No. but the MJK test ones I used were 19.5 x 11mm so 19 x 10 should be near enough. Need to keep car within 60mm. Not sure what wear is like on your Ferrador tracks so leave ground clearance up to you.

Car is fitted with Piranha 25000rpm S Can which I think is same as FC130 as it slotted straight in. Can email copy of motor label if you want proof.

I did notice that my other 2 Camaros are more docile/smooth. They are fitted with Slot-it yellow 25000 and the 25000 NSR Shark. First is about 10-11 years old but the other is only a few months old. By comparison Piranha seems very peaky. although an easy drive even with non-glued and untrued tyres.

Motor and gears have been run in but nowhere as smooth as aforesaid. Hopefully will improve as only had minimal running.

Have put CX (for charlesx) and "1mm gap" for body/chassis gap on bottom. Probably 1/2 to 1 turn on four screws. Also tape over screws.

Other parts include standard Scaly chassis and body except for slight easing and smoothing of one magnet holder to improve gluing of lead. .Digital plug removed. Motor and bearings glued. NSR rear ali wheels and axle with Slot-it gears - 11:36. Front axle standard but fitted with Dart tyres. Weight  85.40gms which is about 3gms heavier than my other Camaros.

Let me know if you need anything else. Hope your team enjoy the drive. Added money for entry and return postage.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)