Mandurah Raceway Slot Car Group Western Australia is running a Bathurst Proxy.  The first race commences approximately 13 July 2022.  Any questions or nomination contact Oldman, details of Proxy below.

CARS

CARS UP TO AND INCLUDING 1990 BATHURST CARS ONLY

MOTOR UP TO 25000 SHORT CAN

SCALEXTRIC CARS ONLY

MATCHING BODY AND CHASSIS

ALLOY WHEELS

WOOD GUIDE

ANY GEARING

REAR MJK TYRES ONLY SPONSORED BY WA SLOT CAR GROUP

ANY FRONT TYRES MIN 5mm WIDE

REAR WHEEL TRACK MAX 1mm WIDER EACH SIDE OF ORIGINAL, UNMODIFIED, BODY

WEIGHT CAN BE ADDED INSIDE OF CAR ONLY

LIGHTWEIGHT INTERIOR PERMITTED WITH DRIVER

FRONT AND REAR WINDOWS MUST BE FITTED

REAR WING MUST BE FITTED

DECALS PREFERABLY AUTHENTIC

MIRROR OPTIONAL

FORMAT

4 LANE WOOD TRACK

ROUND ROBIN

10 TO 15 LAPS EACH LANE

CARS CAN ONLY BE DRIVEN ONCE BY EACH DRIVER

FORTNIGHTLY PLACINGS ON AUSLOT

MANDURAH RACEWAY AND WA SLOT CAR GROUP TRACKS

OTHER

$5 ENTRY WINNER 50% 2nd 30% 3rd 20% …...8 ROUNDS

OWNER’S NAME AND BODY SCREW TENSION ON CHASSIS

24 CARS MAX

OWNER TO PROVIDE MJK TYRE SIZE

TYRES WILL BE FITTED AND TRUED

• Like 1

Hi Oldman.

Not sure whether any cars are Super Resistant but if so can solid windows be removed and replaced with clear like Touring car proxy. Look forward to seeing you guys again buit probably not until April 2023 thanks to covid. If wheels can be outside body by 1mm each side I presume wheel arches must remain standard. Please advise.C Le B

Edited by charlesx

Thanks Oldman.

I think all cars of era included clear windows so question probably not needed. Later Holdens/Falcons were probably only ones that came out as Super Resistant but they are far too modern. About 2006 or later.

Will look forward to list but probably know most. Not sure of 1969/71Camaros though as I have one of them still in box.

Regards Charles Le Breton

2 hours ago, charlesx said:

Will look forward to list but probably know most. Not sure of 1969/71Camaros though as I have one of them still in box.

The way I understand it (before my time!) is that Bob Jane raced his Camaro in the ATCC, but not at Bathurst.

Scalextric do late 60's - early 70's Camaros, but they didn't race at Bathurst.

Maybe Scalextric are bringing out a Z28 later in the year - fingers crossed they will do Bartlett's Channel 9 car! B)

Couple of Q's from a long time Proxier... Things not specified one way or the other in that ruleset...

1. Axles & Bearings can be replaced?

2. Wiring can be replaced? 

3. DPR plug / door can replaced or by-passed?

4. Any means to mount motor is ok within the Std Scale Chassis?

5. The entrant has no control over how the tyres are to be installed ( glued - what type ? ) and trued?

Just a couple of points to take into consideration..... :)

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

I am with Phil. If you are not allowed to alter wheel arches that would make cars very high if you want to put wheels outside. Mine will certainly be all inside wheel arches.

Can I reserve the No. 9 for the Camaro as I see it ran in the 1974 Bathurst 1000 (dark blue with yellow decals)

I will send picture of car to confirm if I can.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi Oldman.

Thanks.

We may have met at Syd's but covid has kept me away for last couple of years.

Give my regards to Matt, Syd etc. next time you see them.  My son and family have just been home for a couple of weeks but I am hoping to get back to WA the first school holidays 2023.

I will pay the postage both ways of course.

I note you say wood guide. Clearly both your tracks have a deep slot.  Neither of my Camaros have a wood guide but my brother has one in his.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Put me down for 1, i'm now a local  :) 

Quick question ....... 

Are we talking Bathurst / Hardie Ferado type specific or anything that raced at the Bathurst circuit up until and including 1990, that Scalextric has produced. 

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hi Oldman.

I thought we were talking about Bathurst 1000 entries but does not worry me as long as my Camaro OK as I would prefer not to have to buy yet an other proxy car. I have a draw full of them.

The other thing that worries me is when cars need to arrive as postage from NZ can be at least a month. 

Still wonder about 1mm outside rule but perhaps some tyres/wheels  have very round side walls or over width hubs. Surely tread should be within body. The bigger Bathurst cars are pretty wide anyway although my newer Aussie V8's are only about 56mm and 1970 Camaros 59mm. Both with wheel arches filed absolutely thin as ouitside of body must remaain untouched. For this proxy not even this is allowed. My new Camaro is 57.5mm over tyres and wheels less so why not limit width to say 60mm. I do not know how wide the newish XA and XC cars are.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi again Oldman.

Been looking at Bathurst Camaros. Appreciate my Scaly one is a 1970 model but there is not much difference. I would like to model it as Kevin Bartlett',s  1979 9 Network car if that is acceptable. I will try and add a picture. Regards Chas Le Breton.

PS. I could not copy to AUSLOT so have put on Taranaki Slot Car Racing Club FB page. Hope you can find.

PS. 2 Also added to Perth Slot Club AUSLOT page.

Edited by charlesx