Lola mk 4

Terry

52100197029_a49b924fb2.jpg

Another  scratch build, this time the lola Mk 4 as raced by John Surtees around 1962, a very small car and probably one of the trickier cars to do.

Build has gone quite well without too many dramas, the body was supplied by John Jones from the U.K I probably got this car about 11 years back and i put it away into the too hard cupboard, a fibreglass body, which I think is a first for me.

All done now apart from paint and detailing.

Edited by terry
  • Like 1

I've made some progress...........

52117606447_8ff4f6c14f.jpg

52118884414_b910d737d7.jpg

Still some work to be done but I'm quite pleased with the general "stance" of the car

I'm starting to gather a pretty fair collection of "Tasman" cars, and although this car, in this setup, did not run as shown, and I don't think it came to race down here in the Tasman series, maybe before the Tasman series started.

Not to worry

Maybe its time for another Brabham

Edited by terry

Really well done Terry :D................I did this one many moons ago, starting with a resin kit I bought 10+ years ago......it needed a fair bit of work.

It was done to represent the car of Roy Salvadori from 1962. At the time, I used Google images to source some body colour shots, and unfortunately picked the colour from a "restored" Lola Mk4 that ran at the Goodwood revival,.......this was a lighter blue than the correct "Bowmaker" blue. Luckily, I had 2 of the kits, and the second was done a much darker "Bowmaker" blue. Unfortunately, I do not have a handy pic. of that car.

This is the pic. of the car in the "incorrect" lighter blue.

Cheers

Chris Walker

2009-12-02-08-49-09.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the Lola finished, fairly happy with the overall look of the car, although the cold weather here isn't making it any easier, I guess nimble fingers are no longer , along with other parts of my body!

anyway hope you like

52183551669_8b8bd20abf.jpg

52183310633_6e519b03fa.jpg

Edited by terry
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for those kind words, 

I've got a lot of pleasure out of these recent builds, especially the Elfin and now the Lola, 

Since selling my track I've been getting my slot fix through building these little cars and as I cannot track test these cars I will not be running them in the upcoming Tasman series, mores the pity but priorities have got in the way and that is my main focus now.

I still check out the proxy scenes and look on with interest, but for now I won't be entering.

Good luck with your builds and I hope to see your cars as they progress

I'm pretty much in the same boat this year, Terry - committments that have taken priority will sadly prevent me from entering the Tasman Cup proxy for a little while... 

However, my entries in the past have all be successfully accomplished without either a home track or access to someone else's..... I was able to send my entries off without the model ever moving any further than the length of a standard "D" size Scalextric piece of track.

The only occasion this differed, was at my debut into the TC... when Stubbo was kind enough to invite me to test run my first model on his track... since then, it's been a case of doing my best setting a model up on both a set-up plate and one D length of track..... for the model not to bring shame itself and finish the series was more than enough satisfaction... thus far, I have had great success.... 

So, don't sell yourself short in the belief that it is essential to have access to a track for entry purposes - if you are satisfied that the model should perform adequately, there isn't really any practical reason that it can't be entered..... 

I suppose, I'm a bit hypocritical in this in that I probably have a model I can enter - but at present, I simply cannot bring one up to a level that I would be comfortable with in sending it off....... and cause concern to those who it may be forced to tolerate it....

frats,

Rosco

Nice work Terry.

Great looking car. If she goes as good as she looks , would be a champion.

I have also a new Honda to Build for this years Tasman. At this stage have not even opened  the box she came in.

Have gone with  the Pendals shell and build my own  chassis.

Looking forward to building the car, although I am time poor with,  work a priority at the moment. 

Good luck to your self.

Paul 

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough