itelectrical

Competition

Now, I think its time to throw out the challange to some of the best slotcar retailers in the country. I think the likes of Scalexworld, Armchair racer, Slot shop, Thunderbirds & of cause Mobile raceways (plus many others....whats that place in queensland???)have certainly benifited from the free advertising that we all give them (from Word of Mouth).

What have you guys got to offer to come to the party?

I have an offer ... still waiting for Vinno to call ... 042SLOTCAR (mobile number)

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg

Great idea guys, I'll be in it - just warming up the credit card as we speak (type?).....

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

My Website

I know that the Euro based forum also has similar problems and have introduced banner advertising and members web space at extra cost to help.

We could set up something similar to what slot forum has but the only problem with that is we would need to upgrade our version of IBP to version 2.0. Which would add a further cost to the yearly running of the forum. Not sure about the cost but I can find it out.

If we get enough support from the members as far as tickets for the raffle we can have a look at upgrading the forum.

cheers

auslotforums.gif

Now, I think its time to throw out the challange to some of the best slotcar retailers in the country.  I think the likes of Scalexworld, Armchair racer, Slot shop, Thunderbirds & of cause Mobile raceways (plus many others....whats that place in queensland???)have certainly benifited from the free advertising that we all give them (from Word of Mouth).

What have you guys got to offer to come to the party?

I have an offer ... still waiting for Vinno to call ... 042SLOTCAR (mobile number)

Peter

I will have to call you tomorrow. Working a lot and must go home to see the misses soon so tonight out of the question.

Just a short note that Armchair Racer have offered to donate a (Slot it)car to raffle in exchange for their logo displayed for the next year.

The same is offered to all other slot retailers who myself or Bo will contact over the next few days. Does not have to be a car.

This seems to be a good way of not becoming commercial. It also throws buisiness the way of the shops.

I would like to think local retailers only should be allowed.

Just paid for 15 tickets, couldn't add a description, just so you know who I am etc etc, my email address is drummer@iprimus.com.au

Shane

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Hi All

I don't want to rain on your parade of a great idea.

But are there any licensing issues involving various state government's laws involved here.

I'd hate to think that such great thing as the raffle could be jeopardised by some minor trangression of the law.

Perhaps somebody better check this out just in case.

I'll send a donation anyway.

LB

whats that place in queensland

No dedicated slot shops here in Bris althou Werner (wwwace) has some sort of supply business going.

With the raffle, will tickets be drawn for each prize as they appear on a list or will it be, first winner gets their pic of the prizes ?

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

No, I was talking about the raceway that was heavily promoting the National slot day last year. Cant think of their name

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Hey Lenny, do we have to call it a guessing competition or something? I won't tell anyone if you don't.

OK. Could everyone please answer this question if you want to be involved in the "guessing competition".

What has four wheels and a guide blade ? s**t c*r

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

In Answer to Phoeno's question, I think it will be done that we will rate the prizes (depending on what else comes up) from most expensive to least expensive and the first winner gets Number 1, second winner gets the second item on the list and so on. Unless there is more support for doing it some other way, but that may be more complicated. I guess we may just wait a few more days or so first to see what else is up for grabs.

Also, since this gained alot of support very quickly I was thinking that we may be able to draw it earlier if everyone is happy we could draw it on the 11th of March which is still 4 weeks away.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

In Answer to Phoeno's question, I think it will be done that we will rate the prizes (depending on what else comes up) from most expensive to least expensive and the first winner gets Number 1, second winner gets the second item on the list and so on. Unless there is more support for doing it some other way, but that may be more complicated. I guess we may just wait a few more days or so first to see what else is up for grabs.

Also, since this gained alot of support very quickly I was thinking that we may be able to draw it earlier if everyone is happy we could draw it on the 11th of March which is still 4 weeks away.

Hey guys,

Am I missing something here? If the forum costs money each year - it must be the hosting costs and traffic - correct?

As per my other post - I will GIVE YOU GUYS FREE HOSTING AND SPACE AND TRAFFIC on our web servers as it is my way of giving something back to the hobby.

NO need for raffles, donations etc.

If you are not interested, no problems - just say so!

regards

steve

No, I was talking about the raceway that was heavily promoting the National slot day last year. Cant think of their name

In Brisbane there are two Slot Car Raceways ...

Browns Plains Slot Car Centre

Unit 7, 40- 44 Johnson Rd

Browns Plains QLD 4118

ph: (07) 3809 3572

Wynnum Slot Car Centre

Cannon Hill Entertainment Centre

31 Proprietary St Tingalpa QLD 4173

ph: (07) 3890 8901

In Toowoomba there is ...

Thunder Alley Slot Cars

209 James St, Toowoomba

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg

Hi All

As i have been using this form for some time i would happy to put up some thing in as well.Who would be the best person to contact.?

Paul

Has anyone PM'd you yet Hepkat? Come on guys, this is a rather generous offer. Maybe its worth at least exploring

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

Thanks Mrslotcar for the reminder of the shops in Bris. When I made my comment I was thinking more along the lines of shops like armchair/scalexworld/slotshop where 32nd scale rtr cars line the walls.

There is a very good 24th scale scene in Bris that I have nothing to do with and have once again proved I know nothing about. (Removes foot/ankle/shin from mouth)

Werner's business, which I called 'some sort of supply business', as he has reminded me (and rightly so), is a massive import/export business, bigger than I expected by a long shot. I will have to find out more about Werner's business and the shop at Browns Plains as that is not too far from home.

Jamie, no worries re the biggest to smallest prize idea. Was just curious.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Hey guys,

Am I missing something here? If the forum costs money each year - it must be the hosting costs and traffic - correct?

As per my other post - I will GIVE YOU GUYS FREE HOSTING AND SPACE AND TRAFFIC on our web servers as it is my way of giving something back to the hobby.

regards

steve

Thanks for the offer hepkat63, there may be an sissue transfering data across froom host to the other. The admins will need to talk this over first. One of us will send you a PM in the enxt couple of days.

auslotforums.gif

Has anyone PM'd you yet Hepkat? Come on guys, this is a rather generous offer. Maybe its worth at least exploring

Hi Hoffy,

ope - quiet as a mouse? go figure?

later::: hepkat.

Hey guys,

regards

steve

Thanks for the offer hepkat63, there may be an sissue transfering data across froom host to the other. The admins will need to talk this over first. One of us will send you a PM in the enxt couple of days.

no problems on the transfer. If you need to have them call me that is ok too.

Don't forget guys that we have jobs too so we are not ignoring you but we need time to discuss things which won't happen over night.

I am away from home 6am till at least 7pm each day so this weekend is the most likely time to discuss amoungst ourselves as Bo and some of the others will get together to race this friday night.