Competition

itelectrical

As far as shop ads go there will be no more, Vince and I pay for this site which will soon be up to $500.00 a year with no help from the shops at all. We don't know how long we can keep the site going for at this rate.

Regards Bo 

Would there be any interest in a raffle to help keep the Forum going for at least another year? I would be happy to put up a couple of slotcars and an in car camera as prizes and hopefully a couple of the slot car / hobby shops that this site promotes could put up a few prizes as well.

How many people would be interested in entering at say $5 a pop or 3 entries for $10 with a pretty good chance of winning a slotcar and at the same time pretty much ensuring that the forum stays up and running for all of our enjoyment.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea, Jamie. I'll buy some tickets for sure.

There must be some other ways of raising money.

Donations.

Optional membership.

Auslot decals/stickers/stubby holders.

Proxy racing at Bo's ;)

Just throwing some ideas up.

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Hey - just sell the stubby holders - I'd imagine everyone would want one! ;)

I'm in for all of the above - I rather enjoy playing in here! :P

Hey - how about a sponsored "We dare Vinno to.." (oops - an old idea but still a goldie..) B)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

The problem of the cost of the forum has probably been on the admins minds for some time. I believe they didn't really want to charge people to use the forum because the people posting are what makes this forum great. They would have been hoping that eventually some of the people who benefit from the forum the most (shops) would be happy to offer some form of sponsorship but it never seemed to eventuate. Anyway, I think a competition would be the best way to make a decent amount of money for the forum and quite a few lucky members will be able to win a prize.

We now have some Awesome prizes to offer, generously donated by some very generous individual members of the forum as well as some of the businesses that wish to support our forum :

1) FLY Team 12 Set of Two Martini Porsches

2) FLY 10th Anniversary Lim. Ed Dodge Viper

3) Slotit Car of choice (Most standard edition current cars)

4) FLY Porsche 917LH (White)

5) Super32 Chassis, assembled with Plafit Rabbit Motor

6) Airfix/MRRC Lotus Cortina kit (1990 Reissue)

7) Slotit Nissan R390 Road Car

8) Ninco Trophy Megane (Yellow or Blue)

9) Scalextric Caterham 7 - 30th Anniversary

10) Scalextric Nascar

11) Slot Car Video Camera

12) SCX Classic Fiat 124 Spyder

13) SCX AMG Mercedes

14) DVD LeMans the Movie (Steve McQueen)

15) DVD LeMans the Movie (Steve McQueen)

16) Scalextric Motogp Bike.

17) 3 sets of MJK Tyres of your choice

18) Artin Saleen

19) Artin Saleen

20) MiniAuto Slot Car Yearbook

23 Prizes now - see page 4

Entries will close on March 10, 2006 and all payments must be recieved by this date to be in the draw. Final entrant listing and prizes will be put on the Auslot forum on March 10 and the draw will take place at approximately 9pm on that date. Winners will be informed on this forum on March 11, 2006 and by email.

Edited by itelectrical

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Good thinking Jamie but the forum wouldn't die anyway. I would just winge like usual about the cost. Me and Bo could sure save ourselves $200 each and put it towards morw cars or something.

Eno I think a Devious Dave stubby holder would be the go but he will just get the shits and win some more races.

Bo & Vinno, you blokes do us all a favour by keeping this board running. It has certainly helped the 1/32 scale slot scene here in Vic, and hey, we all got to know Vlad!

A raffle is a great way to contribute (Bravo Jamie!) without any pressure.

Put me down for 6 tickets please.

cheers!

Steve

TBDR.jpg

After realising my error in exploiting this site commercially, I felt a deep regret, and wish to offer my apologies to those supporting and backing (financially) this wonderful forum!. I feel responsible for this outcry of support, and wish to help as well. If Vinno wishes to contact me, I have some suggestions for him. (Just so i don't step over the line again.) ;)

Cheers, Peter VH

Mr Slotcar website       MrSlotcar NEW Facebook Page       MrTrax modular track systems      MrTrax Facebook page

Owner of Australia's fastest ever lap time on a Blue King track @ 1.4838 secs. And the fastest pass ever on a 1/4 mile Drag strip @ 203.2 kmh

Designer and manufacturer of quality domestic and commercial Tracks.

Both Logos.jpg

This is the easiest way to pay for your entry. Click on whichever link is applicable. Anyone who wants further details please PM me.

Buy 1 Ticket (Paypal) $5

Buy 3 Tickets (Paypal) $10

Buy 7 Tickets (Paypal) $20

Buy 15 Tickets (Paypal) $40

Edited by itelectrical

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

G'day guys,

I have found the information on this forum extremely useful and fun and I would hate to see it go so I'm off to paypal for 3 tickets.

And while I'm at it a big thankyou to the main culprits who have sponsored this site in the past and into the future. I had no idea it was costing $500/yr to run!!

Mal

keep it in the slot, the slotdownunder

Now, I think its time to throw out the challange to some of the best slotcar retailers in the country. I think the likes of Scalexworld, Armchair racer, Slot shop, Thunderbirds & of cause Mobile raceways (plus many others....whats that place in queensland???)have certainly benifited from the free advertising that we all give them (from Word of Mouth).

What have you guys got to offer to come to the party?

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg