ZeGas

Pine Grove Circuit

Hi all,

Been two years but finally the house build is about 3 months from completion, itching to get a new track up and running as soon as we are settled.

So been thinking on design styles and types of racing, as usual I don't want a usual racetrack, always like something a little unusual or rally like with natural obstacles.

See previous build to see what I mean 

So for this one I am thinking digital but with a few different sections.

A straight with pit lane followed by a technical section and then a one lane rally track & back to the straight.

My eyes following it thinks it will flow nice, not sure if the rally section will become a problem in hardcore racing (not that there will be much of that) but will add intrigue I think, and a different aspect of racing where good rally drivers will be able to make time on poorer ones.

Has anyone raced on, or seen something like this, is it fun or annoying. In my head I think fun, but I have never been a serious racer, more enjoyment in the designing & building side of it all.

Anyhoooo this is what I am thinking.

20220420165731-107fdd59-xx.png

Comments, thoughts?

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Nice combination of curve types! Can't really comment on the single lane idea because I haven't even raced on a track with squeezes, let alone a single lane section

I personally like the concept. I'm picturing some serious elevation for the rally section, hill climb style. There appear to be three potential passing zones per lap so the single lane 'rally' part should add to the intrigue rather than creating processional racing.

Make it happen ;)

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Will try darndest to make it happen,

just got to brush up on electrical skills, tried putting pit lane SSD electronics into a sample routed section in the weekend, somehow stuffed it up, a fine wire came loose, soldered it back but still not working, gave up thinking probably another one come off.

Is there any way of testing the circuit without connecting up to PB?

I did try a 9v battery but how to trigger sensor?

Or could I have fried it with 9v, I thought they only drew 9v.

Thinking for ease (and minimise stuff-ups like this) I may just embed SSD lane change & pit lane into routed track and have a bit of a squeeze at those points.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

SSD changers usually don't respond well to less than 11v, if at all. The only way to trigger them is with a car being powered by the SSD power base track so that emits the digital signal from the LED which will tell the LC flipper to switch or straighten. If you're not using a controller, then it will only tell the flipper to straighten. There aren't a whole lot of wires to mess with, though. Two for each solenoid, and two to the track to get power. 

...and bad eyes to see them.

Thanks Mr.F I did connect it up to the PB and ran a car over with no reaction, I will look again when I get a chance. And get a microscope.

Cheers Grant

OK, being electrically challenged I'm going for a rout and drop option.

Design has altered slightly to tweak a few corners and add an additional pit lane so that splash & dash customers get opportunity to overtake.

Might be able to get it onto CNC next week if I find some time.

p.png

Cheers Grant