BEEJAY7

Early Birds

This weekend will see the first big racing event of 2006 in the UK.

The "Early Birds" is for pre 1960 GP cars, and is expected to have a capacity field of 40 plus entrants. It is held on the magnificent wooden track at Wolverhampton.

I will try to take some photo's of some of the cars taking part and post them next week.

In the meanwhile here is my entry, a 1950 Talbot Lago. The car has a brass/PCB chassis and is front engined. Special Wheels were built for it by Kai (Slotline).

HPIM1158.jpg

Should be a fun event.....(Note the ethos of the event is taking part rather than winning, although that would be fun.. :rolleyes:).

Regards

Alan

Alan,

A great looking car. The web pages for last years race were also fascinating especially the concourse, what excellent cars. What happened in this years event?

Here are some pictures of some of this years cars :-

gallery_41_192_78569.jpg

(Photo David Lawson)

This is David Lawson's Concours winning Lotus 18. Resin shell by David Jones. Pretty isn't it.... :P

gallery_303_235_27371.jpg

(Photo John Prince)

John Prince's equally pretty Lotus 18, again one of Dave Jones's resins.

gallery_1792_226_315622.jpg

(Photo Phil Insull)

Mac Pinches own ERA. This car was second in concours. It is pictured on the Wolverhampton Club's new Slotfire track, not used for this event as we use the big wooden track.

You can find a thread about the event on Slot Forum and also on RS Slotracing's site. www.rsslotracing.com

Regards

Alan

Here are some pictures of some of this years cars :-

gallery_41_192_78569.jpg

(Photo David Lawson)

This is David Lawson's Concours winning Lotus 18. Resin shell by David Jones. Pretty isn't it.... :D

gallery_303_235_27371.jpg

(Photo John Prince)

John Prince's equally pretty Lotus 18, again one of Dave Jones's resins.

gallery_1792_226_315622.jpg

(Photo Phil Insull)

Mac Pinches own ERA. This car was second in concours. It is pictured on the Wolverhampton Club's new Slotfire track, not used for this event as we use the big wooden track.

You can find a thread about the event on Slot Forum and also on RS Slotracing's site. www.rsslotracing.com

Regards

Alan

Hello BEEJAY7

Love the Lotus18,

But where did you find those rims ?

as i would like to purchase these too.....

Thanks

Hi Alan,lovely examples of early F1's!

Do you know David Jones?Does he sell his cars commercially ,and does he have a web site,I know too many questions,sorry.

terry

Aluminium wheels are easy to obtain from Patto. The inserts can be cast from Scalex wheels. Think I still have a mould if you need some.

Phil

Hello phil

I would like to get 2 sets please if you can ......

P.s would you know the codes for the aluminium wheels from pattos also ?

Thank you

H Guys, glad you like the pictures............These are not my cars but some that took part in the event.

Dave Jones has been buiding Slotcars from the Year Dot, and does sell some or give them away to friends. I will try and find out how he can be contacted......Dave doesn't do Computers!.

The wheels on the Lotus cars are BWA, the green car has cut down Scalextric/Triang inserts and the Blue car has BWA inserts. Another suitable wheels is sold by AB Slotsport in the UK, Andy, the owner, also makes a new range of tyres to suit these cars, they are pretty good.

The rear wheels on my Talbot were made for me by Kai, as the rules for the Event specified Scale Wheels/tyres, I also managed to get hold of some suitable Ortmans to fit these Wheels, would you believe Pink Kar Bugatti replacements!. the front wheels were made by MAF (Slot Forum Scratchbuilder). Inserts are cut down Ninco Classic Wires.

Here's one that I didn't finish in time :-

HPIM1211.jpg

Shell is an original Triang Lotus 16, but I modified it to accept this :-

HPIM1190.jpg

Wheels/Inserts are BWA.

Gotta say this is my favorite Event of the year, Entry is restricted to 48 people and there is always a waiting list, so if any of you are visiting the UK contact me early....

Regards

Alan