mattcrackers

NSR Australian Championship 2022

For those interested, the Brunswick Junction Slot Car Club in Western Australia will be hosting the inaugural 2022 NSR Australian Championships.

52001355153_5582bb2134_z_d.jpg

For those interested in attending the event in September you can register at:

https://scalexseller.com/pages/nsr-australian-championship

cheers

Matt

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gazza said:

Something to look at when i move over next week  :) 

Yeah should be good Gary. Pretty sure we're going to head down again on July 30th for another practice run.

Most of us had never been to the track prior to January and a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the info Matt.

Although I probably wouldn't compete the event may just be the nudge I need to have a holiday.

I'm not a great sight-seer but traveling to an event that is part of my hobby-sport sound appealing.

Den

Yeah, bit of a roadtrip for myself Gary, about 1 1/2 hours drive South from Fremantle.

Straight run down the Kwinana Freeway/Forrest Highway.

I believe if you're moving up Joondalup way it may be an extra hour again.

Luckily I have a mate who lives 10 mins away from the Brunswick Junction track, always a good excuse to head down for a couple of days.

Especially when it involves Slot cars and a few cold drinks.

Yeah it should be a great event Den, the Brunswick Junction Slot Car Club who are hosting the event are a great bunch of blokes.

I believe the club is going to re-braid the entire 8 lane track and I've heard that the Council are looking at extending the Slot car track building by another 8m.

It's great that the local Shire/Council are on board and looking forward to the event being hosted in Brunswick Junction.

Matt

I've been there a few times.  Only approx 1 hr drive from Mandurah like Matt said and a great bunch of guys, well worth the drive

Oldman

14 hours ago, ScaleXseller said:

This is going to be huge, lots of people registering for the event. Some are national and even international! 

That track is so good to race on too!

Any pics of the track?

• Like 1

2 x australian ego champion

regards

Shane

Fulel racing in first track build --> https://youtu.be/nG1EyFkbJSs

My second track build --> 

raceday - https://youtu.be/8WXYQ528iKM

Hi there,

Just after some further information regarding the event?

• Motors and Tyres - Will this be supplied by the race organisation as outlined in the NSR international rules for each class? Will we need to supply rims?
  • Qualifying Format  - What is the qualifying format, Is it like other Australian National events held (i.e. Scale Model Nationals: 60 seconds, any lane, fastest time counts)?
  • Race Format - What is the race format? Again is it like other Australian national events held (I.e. Scale Model Nationals: 8 x 2 minute heats)? Understand there will be heats and then step up mains, what will this look like? Who gets seeded into what heat, how do you progress to the the mains (total lap score or finishing position in heats)?
  • Practice (Sunday Morning) - Are you allowing practice for race entered cars post qualifying, or will cars be in parc-ferme conditions? If so, will cars need to be presented for scrutineering again before racing commences.
  • Entries - Are we able to see or obtain a list on who has entered each race thus far? would be good to know who is coming to race and from where? Also what is the cut off for number of entrants for each class.
  • Car Chassis Weight - Are we able to add weight/ballast to the cars anywhere on the chassis and/or motor pod. I can see there is a minimum Body Weight for each class, yet the rules don't clearly explain if we can weight to any part on top of the chassis inside the car. This is to assist with with cornering/performance/car setup.
  • Tyre Cleaning - Are we allowed to clean tyres before and/or during racing between heats? If so, what can we/ what are we allowed to use (i.e. Tape, Shellite, Water, WD-40, etc...)?

Cheers,

Brooksy.

Edited by Brooksy
  • Like 1

Brooksy

21 hours ago, Brooksy said:

Hi Brooksy

I am not the event organiser but I will try to answer a few questions on here. For a comprehensive answer to all your questions please email : NSRaustraliannats@outlook.com

• Motors and Tyres - Will this be supplied by the race organisation? Yes they will.  Will we need to supply rims? Yes, only tyres will be supplied
  • Qualifying Format  - What is the qualifying format? A basic format on the event is available here https://scalexseller.com/pages/nsr-championships-information more details are available by emailing the address above
  • Race Format - It is my understanding that more details will be forthcoming in an email that will be sent directly (via the address supplied when people register) but again, the event organiser at the email address above will supply the information you need.
  • Practice (Sunday Morning) - Are you allowing practice for race entered cars post qualifying, or will cars be in parc-ferme conditions? If so, will cars need to be presented for scrutineering again before racing commences. I am not sure of this yet either.
  • Entries - Are we able to see or obtain a list on who has entered each race thus far? I offered to help with the registration process via my website which has streamlined the process but because I have to comply with Trading Standards I am not able to disclose any details of purchases on my website including those who have purchased entries to the NSR Australian Championships. However, people could easily identify themselves on a Facebook post ect so perhaps a list could be obtained that way.
  • Car Chassis Weight - Are we able to add weight/ballast to the cars anywhere on the chassis and/or motor pod? See rules 2.9/2.10 in regards to ballast
  • Tyre Cleaning - Are we allowed to clean tyres before and/or during racing between heats? Good question!! I'm keen to know the answer to this myself but it is definitely one for the event organiser!

Thanks for your questions, I hope I have been some help to you! I know the organisers will have so much more information for you but I do know that the event is going to be amazing!

21 hours ago, Brooksy said:

22 hours ago, Brooksy said:

Hi there,

Just after some further information regarding the event

Cheers,

Brooksy.

Some good questions there Brooksy. Will be looking forward to the answers being posted on here for us all to seeB)

Edited by Shaynus
removed quoted text for brevity

Hi Brooksy thanks for your interest I am the event organiser for the upcoming NSR National titles and am happy to answer your questions

• Motors and Tyres - Will this be supplied by the race organisation? Yes they will.  Will we need to supply rims? Yes, only tyres and motors together with their pinion will be supplied
  •  
  • Qualifying Format  - What is the qualifying format, Is it like other Australian National events held (i.e. Scale Model Nationals: 60 seconds, any lane, fastest time counts)? The qualifying format is 1 minute any lane fastest single lap counts as your time
  • Race Format - What is the race format? Again it is like other Australian national events held (I.e. Scale Model Nationals: 8 x 2 minute heats)? Understand there will be heats and then step up mains, what will this look like? Who gets seeded into what heat, how do you progress to the the mains (total lap score or finishing position in heats)? The format is as follows. Qualifying results in your seed position for the heats, fastest 8 drivers in heat 1, next 8 drivers in heat 2, following 8 drivers in heat 3 etc. Each heat has 8 brackets of 2 minutes ie 2 minutes each lane , lane selection to begin is random. Total lap score and time is your finishing position in the heats. Then step up mains are bottom 8 drivers first main, top 2 progress to next final, then the next 6 join them for the next final and the top 2 progress so on until we have the last final which is the top 6 qualifiers followed by the top 2 from the last main that was raced. Top qualifier has choice of lane for each final. 
  • Practice (Sunday Morning) - Are you allowing practice for race entered cars post qualifying, or will cars be in parc-ferme conditions? If so, will cars need to be presented for scrutineering again before racing commences. All cars will be scrutineered prior to qualifying. Cars may be worked on after this but at the start of each class the cars must be presented to the scrutineer with their bodies off. Once this happens the cars go into parc-ferme conditions and are placed on a table. If the driver requires to replace a broken part for their final they may take the car however it must be scrutineered again ( at the discretion of the Race Director). Practice is offered on Sunday and Monday mornings prior to the class starting and before scrutineering commences. Same 3 minute block each driver rotating groups of 8 first in best dressed as far as lane preference.
  • Entries - Are we able to see or obtain a list on who has entered each race thus far? would be good to know who is coming to race and from where? Also what is the cut off for number of entrants for each class. Entry list will be provided once entries are either closed or once they reach the maximum amount. Currently they sit at about 30 per class and we have a maximum of 48 per class.
  • Car Chassis Weight - Are we able to add weight/ballast to the cars anywhere on the chassis and/or motor pod. I can see there is a minimum Body Weight for each class, yet the rules don't clearly explain if we can weight to any part on top of the chassis inside the car. This is to assist with with cornering/performance/car setup. See the rule set on the NSR website or at Scalexseller.com, ballast may be added however it is specific in the rule set where it can be placed.
  • Tyre Cleaning - Are we allowed to clean tyres before and/or during racing between heats? If so, what can we/ what are we allowed to use (i.e. Tape, Shellite, Water, WD-40, etc...)? NO chemicals of any kind may be used on the tyres during the event. You may glue and true the tyres and run them in, however no additive is to be used on the track. You may clean the tyres with tape however no reside is allowed. If a car is found to have the tyres modified in anyway this will result in disqualification from the heat/ final and class.

I hope this clarifies things, please if you or anyone has any questions feel free to email me @ NSRaustralianNats@outlook.com 

We are super excited and pumped for this event!!!

Tod

Chairman

NSR Australian National Championship Committee.

• Like 2

Thanks for those answers Tod, appreciate the prompt reply on here.

For the rear tyres, does that mean the one set of tyres (handed out for the event) need to last for the entire event per class - practice, qualifying and step up finals?

Cheers,

Shaynus

One set of tyres handed out for each class. I would suggest buying tyres your self for practice ect.

OLDMAN

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, Shaynus said:

Thanks for those answers Tod, appreciate the prompt reply on here.

For the rear tyres, does that mean the one set of tyres (handed out for the event) need to last for the entire event per class - practice, qualifying and step up finals?

Cheers,

Shaynus

Hi Shaynus NSR have advised will provide of 1 set of tyres per class, the tyre wear rate down there is minimal.

regards

Tod

Edited by NSR Australian Nats
  • Like 1

Last minute headache for those coming over for the NSR Championship

The wiring for the controllers is different to the standard NSW setup

Also the plug for the track has a round pin earth

52367748596_9572c27c87_h.jpg

The white plug connects to the "Sydney standard" setup, the red and green, in the picture, are swapped over for the new connection plug, the "blue wire" stays the same.

If you can't get hold of a round earth pin plug, you can easily modify a ordinary one by grinding the sides of the flat "earth" pin and soldering a 20mm length of 3/16 brass tubing , as per the grey plug

52367979103_3a6188ca1c_c.jpg

Good luck

• Like 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017