Sign in to follow this  
Shano64

Looking to learn

Hi Guys and Gals,

Shane from Geelong Victoria Australia.

New to the forum,  grew up with Scalextric gear back in the seventies thanks to my dear old grandfather, still have heaps of our old classic track.

I remember as a teen belting around a track in Thomastown Vic with a hired womp and was hooked from that day on, sadly the scalextric track became the poor cousin after the experience on the routed competition track.

Now I have the time, the room, and finally some patience with age, I thought I might try my hand at building my own, but not before some serious research.

Have had a quick look on the forum menu but can't seem to find anything "track build" related, was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction.

Thanks for taking the time to read my waffle and I look forward to learning from all the gurus out there,

Shano

G’day Shano welcome aboard. 

Probably the easiest way is to go back to the front page of the forum, go to the Forums Tab and scroll down to Members Home Tracks.

Once in there go past all the state pages to the start of the topics down the bottom. Start with page one and just start going through them. The early ones are from the start of the forum when us moderators were also new to it. There is a heap of topics on routing and routing strips. There are many ways to do it and some great ideas. Some topics may have lost their pictures due to the photo host deleting them or just expiring but there is plenty to go through.

There are also plenty in the state pages but most of the hints are in the other pages.

Enjoy.

Just found a build topic that might help you get some ideas. 

Hi Shano

I took the plunge about 3 years ago  and really enjoyed it - my build

This section of Auslot has some good inspiration    http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/forum/15-members-home-tracks/
(edit//   as Vinno has already said above lol )

Be cool to see your progress..

Cheers

Pat

Edited by Capri-corn7

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.