lenny broke

2022 Tasman Cup Proxy Series - EOI's

How ya goin'?

At this stage I'm looking to see who is interested in participating in a series this year.

For a number of reasons a couple of the usual round hosts are unable to hold a round at their tracks so the proposal is that the series will be conducted here in Adelaide South Australia on local tracks run by trusted track owners.

I have three known tracks and a further two which are interested but will need to be checked out for suitability to run the Tasman Cars on.

The rules will be pretty much the same as last year's with a few tweeks to allow for changes in parts availability etc.

So at this stage I'd like to here from anyone interested in entering a car.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Alan, where would l find the rules ect. l could be interested.....thanks Oldman

Hi Alan  would like to enter two cars like last time car 16 Lotus 24, and car 14 Lotus 24 presume were running under the usual rules cheers Keith ( Peter Gunn )

1 hour ago, old man said:

Hi Alan, where would l find the rules ect. l could be interested.....thanks Oldman

G'day Oldman,

Here's last years Rules and Regs

2021 Tasman proxy Rules and Regs

and If you want to see what happened over the last 10 years

Tasman Cup Proxy series subforum 2012-2021

Cheers Alan

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Peter Gunn said:

Hi Alan  would like to enter two cars like last time car 16 Lotus 24, and car 14 Lotus 24 presume were running under the usual rules cheers Keith ( Peter Gunn )

Hi Keith,

Yes, nothing much will change rules wise What will change is that the cars will stay with me rather than being posted all over the country for each round. I should be able to find tracks locally to run at least 6 rounds.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Gday all,

Has this time come around already.

Alan, put me in please.

Not sure of what, I am running. Going to hope for a new car build. 

All the best to all "let the fun begin" 

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

Hi Lenny Broke/Alan.

Great to see you kicking this off again. Please pencil me in but note I am unlikely to confirm an entry. I will see how I go but not feeling it at present.

Looks like you have had a good initial response.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Hi Alan, can you put in the Tasman proxy as a maybe ive still got to look into building a car any help would  appreciated.

Thanks Oldman

Really suprised there are not more names down for this , proxy racing except for over the water seems to be dying of , and this is showing my thoughts are right usually the Tasman usually has loads of people getting on board , what's happen8ing lads is the party over.

Hi Keith, 

A number of the regular hosts aren't able to commit this year due to various personal issues, hence the decision to keep the series regional. Also I suspect that traffic on this platform isn't what it was so I guess people haven't seen this thread. 

Locally I have at least 7 or 8 interested who don't come here regularly. If I can get at least another 2 or 3 more we'll run some form of series. I'm away  at present but when I get back home I'll get into organising things more

Alan

Hi Alan,

Yes, I will definitely enter again. One car #14 please. And I'll also enter my #10 from 2021.

(edit) Oops. Just noticed that PeterGunn has already spoken for #14. How about #4 or #1? That way I could just put white tape over the redundant number.

Peter G

Edited by PeterG
revision

On 3/26/2022 at 7:28 AM, PeterG said:

Hi Alan,

Yes, I will definitely enter again. One car #14 please. And I'll also enter my #10 from 2021.

(edit) Oops. Just noticed that PeterGunn has already spoken for #14. How about #4 or #1? That way I could just put white tape over the redundant number.

Peter G

Hi Peter,

I am planning to get this underway soon once I clear the decks of other commitments and I have  finalised the track hostings

Numbers can be reserved after entries opened with first preferences to previous entrants, but I can tell you now that 1, is reserved for the previous years series winner and 4 is reserved by me as series director's privilege :rolleyes:. I've had that number since 2014, so sorry about that.

I look forward to seeing what you can come with this year.

Alan

Hi Lenny/Alan. Great to see progress being made. Will keep an eye out for opening of entries. My entry will most likely be my No.5 Brabham BT3. If entries are low can also re-enter T60 Cooper Climax. Think it might be No.6 but need to check. Can change number if necessary.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Not sure what has happened here but this Kiwi is keen. I have not been well for sometime (nothing to do with covid) but I am now jumping out of my skin. Locally we have been racing regularly fortnightly since before Christmas but must my last 2 proxy efforts were pitiful. My Touring Car Proxy car was pulled out even before start but I have enjoyed watching race streaming and other input.

Re Tasman however my 2 recent cars as raced in last TC are No.3 Brabham  BT3 and No. 5 T60 Cooper Climax. They would not take much to get going better although they still run well. I have bought a new body though to construct something a little different so please bring it on. Not sure what this ones number will be but numbers I have seen on full size are 1 (not allowed), 26 and 99. Probably no problem with latter 2. As it has not raced previously though I will have to wait and see what is available. No. 7 would be good if available as Stirling Moss has agreed to come out of retirement to drive for me.

Hope you guys are all keeping well. We are getting a lot of deaths in NZ because we follow WHO guidelines (nearly 1000 after being less than 30 at start of year) but this number appears badly fudged as - with covid - but dying OF Covid. Probably no more than 100. 

Come on guys give it a go. I am also suffering Proxy withdrawal although general health is much improved. Phil will be pleased to hear I almost have my Brabham BT54 racing after several dry runs although Sunoco Capri is starting to get a little tired again as I never seem to put enough clear coat over decals (again).

Regards Charles Ler Breton (charlesx)

Just now, charlesx said:

Not sure what has happened here but this Kiwi is keen. I have not been well for sometime (nothing to do with covid) but I am now jumping out of my skin. Locally we have been racing regularly fortnightly since before Christmas but must my last 2 proxy efforts were pitiful. My Touring Car Proxy car was pulled out even before start but I have enjoyed watching race streaming and other input.

Re Tasman however my 2 recent cars as raced in last TC are No.3 Brabham  BT3 and No. 5 T60 Cooper Climax. They would not take much to get going better although they still run well. I have bought a new body though to construct something a little different so please bring it on. Not sure what this ones number will be but numbers I have seen on full size are 1 (not allowed), 26 and 99. Probably no problem with latter 2. As it has not raced previously though I will have to wait and see what is available. No. 7 would be good if available as Stirling Moss has agreed to come out of retirement to drive for me.

Hope you guys are all keeping well. We are getting a lot of deaths in NZ because we follow WHO guidelines (nearly 1000 after being less than 30 at start of year) but this number appears badly fudged as - with covid - but dying OF Covid. Probably no more than 100. 

Come on guys give it a go. I am also suffering Proxy withdrawal although general health is much improved. Phil will be pleased to hear I almost have my Brabham BT54 racing after several dry runs although Sunoco Capri is starting to get a little tired again as I never seem to put enough clear coat over decals (again).

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx
Misspelt my own name.

Hi Peter G.

Still waiting for my new body to arrive but I imagine plenty of time. It was only posted from Aus a few days ago. Knowing Aus post it may be a while.

I imagine when entries are opened there will be at least a couple of months. Hopefully Lenny Broke/Alan  will announce something soon. It has been quite a while. Not sure what situation with Covid is like in South Australia.

Regards Charles Le Breton