2022 Pioneer Legends NZ proxy

SlotsNZ

Hi all, having been asked a few times at club on Thursday, whether I am organising a/the DTM event this year, I got thinking.
Everything else aside, the next few months might be bumpy in Jacindaville for travel and bigger events.

So how about kicking the NZ Proxy back into life.
I would base it on the cars we have come to love in 2021 - Pioneer Legends.
I am thinking about 8 rounds, starting late June, aiming for one round every two weeks.
I have a tentative rules set based on the USA Legends proxy run by Robert Lee (REL13) on HRW forum, which he has kindly offered for use.
I would just change the wheels/tyres to reflect and include what is available and commonly used here in NZ.
Entries limited to NZ apart from say 3 or 4 guest spots as I think we’d fill it easily.

So what say ye olde slot jocks?

• Like 2

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hey Mark - if it comes to this, I'd be interested in taking one of the Guest spots...

From one ol' proxy racer to another - it's many years since I hosted your slot.it shootout out entry here....

Edited by bov

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

These are the USA proxy rules. Apart from changing the allowed wheels and tyres, to allow the usual types of alloys and soft rubbers we use in NZ, I’d likely leave them pretty much the same

Welcome to the Pioneer Legends Proxy. Please take the time to read the guidelines below. We hope you will join the fun!

The FIRST race will be at Ivoryton Raceway. All other locations and dates will be posted in the forum.

Please have your name under your model. We all know how this helps.
Please share the number of turns you have loosened the body/chassis screws if possible.
Remember, it is a good idea to tape over the holes in the chassis to help prevent looser screws from falling out.

Body: Stock Pioneer Legends bodies ONLY. NO modifications. Front windscreen must be in place.Bodies will be properly secured to the chassis using the stock body posts. Stock or aftermarket screws allowed.

Appearance: NASCAR style numbers on both doors. Roof numbers are encouraged but not required. If applying roof numbers, they should be positioned as anyNASCAR would be. Sponsor and other decal details are encouraged. Stock Pioneer or builder’s choice on schemes but they must resemble a NASCAR type layout. No racial or political schemes please. Common sense here folks.

Interior: Stock interior must be used and intact. No modifications. Driver must be painted and interior properly secured to the body.

Chassis: The stock Pioneer (Legends) chassis ONLY. Light sanding to achieve good float is allowed. 

Minimum Weight: 80g. This is the weight of a box stock Legend. This will be inspected by the race director of the first race.

Adding Weight: You are allowed to add weight. Must be secured and concealed. No weights UNDER the chassis. 

Wheels: Stock or CB Design 15×8 size that includes “Stock Car” #CBD1410, and Modified wheels # CBD0755. Insert wheels #CBD1050 with stock Pioneer or scale NASCAR insert. Slot.it 15×8 insert wheel allowed with either the inserts listed above.

REAR Tires: For STOCK rims Paul Gage FIRM compound only part# PGT23103XD, 22103XD, or 21103XD. If using CB Design wheels choose part# PGT 22105 or PGT 21105.

FRONT tires: Stock or aftermarket. Zero grip compounds allowed. No tire coatings allowed. Tires must make contact with track surface.

Width at Wheels: 63MM Max both front and rear.

Axles: Stock or aftermarket allowed.

Bushings: Stock or aftermarket allowed. They may be glued In place. No ball bearing bushing.

Gearing: Stock or aftermarket allowed. Gear ratio is your choice.

Braid: Stock or aftermarket allowed.

Guide: Stock or aftermarket allowed. Adapters such as the CG Slotcars are allowed for aftermarket guides. Removal of digital plug allowed and straight wiring from motor to guide allowed.

Magnets: Not allowed and must be removed.  Of course this means no magnets anywhere in the chassis or on the motor.

Motor: Only the stock Pioneer (18K Typhoon) motor that comes in the model is allowed. No modifications.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Giving this a bump.

Surprised there hasn’t been more interest, as I also posted on FB in NZ Slot Racers, and several club pages, including the two Hamilton clubs and Garden city, who all race these, and asked for expression of interest for host tracks as well.

if nothing changes next few days, I’ll just flag it.

Hi Pepsi, Thanks for your interest I wanted it as mainly an NZ proxy - because I wanted to to create something to 

a) restart proxy racing n NZ, as Dave (Crockett) dropped off the NZ Proxy and may not return to slot racing

b) Provide an event of some kind, as plannng a driver event like the DTM or a teams enduro event will likely be difficult over winter while we are likely hindered a bit with random covid 

c) Didn’t fancy the complexity of trying to run anything international right now. Wanted it simple after a fairly shite personal 2021

But not having the web shop now to promote it by broad newsletter, I advertised in the NZ slot racers FB page and FB  pages of six other main clubs.
Apart from the few replies here, I haven’t had another shred of interest, so I’ll now flag the idea.

• Like 1

I think it is probably more that I just wasn’t able to get the attention of the right people.

A lot of the past proxy entrants, use FB only a bit, and seldom the forum.

But I would have expected more even from HB club to be interested? Wasn’t at club last week to ask around, I am being a good boy staying home with wife while she waits for a covid test result

You guys do a RAT test and know in 10 minutes, we’re still stuck in PCR steam age - just changing now.

6 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

I think it is probably more that I just wasn’t able to get the attention of the right people.

A lot of the past proxy entrants, use FB only a bit, and seldom the forum.

But I would have expected more even from HB club to be interested? Wasn’t at club last week to ask around, I am being a good boy staying home with wife while she waits for a covid test result

You guys do a RAT test and know in 10 minutes, we’re still stuck in PCR steam age - just changing now.

RAT is only as good as the person using it. They have just let us go wild now but so many people picked it up in December and January that it has slowed down a bit. They still expect us to get it at some stage though.