i have this good collection of french cars and i can race localy in almost every class. I have the resin high quality peugeot 905 le mans from le mans miniature. i am dreaming of someone doing a light weight body of the peugeot to place on a slot it chassis and be able to race it and be competitive. I did use the resin body on racer sideways riley chassis.... but it is too heavy on the top :), i know, obvious.

I am looking at the 1:1 wheel base and track, the car is very similar to the mercedes group C or a daytona proto riley.

So, if anybody has the skill in SA or Australia to scan the le mans miniature model i have and to add 2 posts to fit the printed model to a slot it mercedes chassis i am interested! a white filament for the printed and here we go. 

Scanning a body and then printing it isn't really at the consumer level yet. I have had a look at a few options and most of readily available options require a significant investment in time to make a file suitable for 3D printing. 

Interestingly Scalextric used a commercial company to scan some real cars to make into slot cars. So I guess it won't be long before we get better quality 3D scanners.

cheers

DM

On 2/3/2022 at 10:31 AM, curef99 said:

this is awesome... i will order few and try. i see no size or thickness menu, hopefully when i order the maker will contact me.

You do know that it is only a STL (3D) file that your buying and that you have to print it out via a 3D printer yourself or through a friend.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

On 2/3/2022 at 1:48 PM, gazza said:

You do know that it is only a STL (3D) file that your buying and that you have to print it out via a 3D printer yourself or through a friend.

yes i do... but one step at a time... with the STL in hand with few size, i can find the right chassis to fit it on, add the posts, and then find a 3d printer. I can also run a quote with few locals or with shapeways with the STL.

The file can be resized in all three dimensions when printing so the initial size doesn't matter. This file is offered in different thicknesses for varied sizes but even that isn't necessary if using a resin printer.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

16 minutes ago, Garry J said:

The file can be resized in all three dimensions when printing so the initial size doesn't matter. This file is offered in different thicknesses for varied sizes but even that isn't necessary if using a resin printer.

agree, but i consider the car is the right STL model X/Y/Z and i need to provide a scale to fit it on a riley or mercedes chassis. So, i am taking a reference distance between the front of the wheel and highlight the need to be a specific size which fit the chassis. am i doing it right?

Next is the screw pod to add.