2021 Touring Car Proxy - what's happening

Sports Racer

Hi fellas,

I'm not involved in this proxy but having just recently found an Australian source for Predator motors I'm eager to able to get to a track to test them out.

An 18K motor for around $16 and the 22K double ball-race version for just on $20 make them very appealing.

Den

Hi Paul,

Apart from wanting to bog yourself down with a Revoslot chassis - what's the verdict on the increasing popular Renegade motors?

There's one in my Merc in the current series..... was planning on using it again...

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Hi Sports Racer/Alan.

I presume this proxy is now over so it would be good to get the cars back on their way home soon. Please let me know how much I owe for postage and I will pay immediately.

Well done on the proxy. I enjoyed whole event immensely.

Hope you had a good Easter and that dreaded Covid is a little bit more under control.

Please PM me if you have lost my address details.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Lance no idea how many rounds are left and lack of info does not help any proxy series, , if Paul is having a problem i,m sure we would all appreciate that just let us know, these cars have been away for many many months now and personally i was hoping to have mine back before the summer to prepare for another proxy series in the Autumn.

We all would sticks but for how long is the question , being in the UK it will more than likely take another 4 weeks after the series ends when ever that is  before i get the cars back , one thing i've learned with all proxy racing is a regular update , it keeps the interest alive .

We were talking about getting 3 new cars sorted for the next series but that has gone out of the window , John has lost interest it was his first go at this after i said how good these proxies are , Sandra 90 leaves it up to me and i'm very doubtful if i will do this particular proxy again, always supported proxy racing down under , much of which does not happen now , many people who we used to race against seem no longer interested and is this proxy going to go the same way in the future ? .

Technically there are still 4 rounds to go but those that need their car back let me know and I'll post them, even yours Charles. Yes, I feel guilty that I still have it so I'll add something to the package. :D

With covid hitting so many of our guys (even I had it for a couple of weeks) it's hard to get tracks organised because people are worried about transmitting/getting it. 

I'm trying for the next round to be on the weekend of 8/9 March.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

May the downforce be with you.

Hey Paul - I'm hoping you actually mean the weekend of May 7 / 8 ( waiting till March 8 / 9 might stretch the friendship... ) - although Sunday May 8th is Mother's Day ( and yet another birthday for me on that Sat - but I digress... )

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

21 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

Technically there are still 4 rounds to go but those that need their car back let me know and I'll post them, even yours Charles. Yes, I feel guilty that I still have it so I'll add something to the package. :D

With covid hitting so many of our guys (even I had it for a couple of weeks) it's hard to get tracks organised because people are worried about transmitting/getting it. 

I'm trying for the next round to be on the weekend of 8/9 March.

Cheers

Paul

I'm happy for the cars to stay & finish this Proxy,& I don't care how long it takes.Covid has turned the world as we knew it upside down.I'm currently down with the dreaded desease but will be clear to unisolate on Saturday.

I can't imagine how hard it is for Paul to organize each round,but the main thing is to keep everyone safe & wake up above ground each day:D

Cheers Jimmy:D

• Like 1

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

This is my first proxy l would like to see it finish to the end l think sports racer has enough to do with looking after his family and running the proxy we all have other things going on besides slot cars keep up the good work 

Hi Sports Racer. 

My apologies for asking again about return of car as I thought the proxy was finished. I am more than happy to wait to end and will continue to watch series with interest.

Keep safe. Just let me know what I owe for postage when you are ready.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

• 2 weeks later...

I've been tied up each weekend with helping mum move her stuff now that she's sold her house but the stars align next Wednesday night for Round 7.

I've put the word out to the local racers to see who's available.

Will keep you posted on which track.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2

May the downforce be with you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sport Racer.

Looking forward the best proxy my car never started in. I did do 2 previous years but this years car was a complete dog. Should have kept with my reasonably standard Scaly.

Keep up the good work with reports and videos. Much enjoyed in East Island. Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

Edited by charlesx

• 1 month later...