2021 Touring Car Proxy - what's happening

Sports Racer

Hi all

Hope you're having a great 2022 and Santa got you what you wanted.

I'm in Melbourne, 800 ks from home, trying to buy a car for my wife while she's here for work. Hope to be home soon and run the next round of the proxy.

In the meantime if anyone knows what to look out for on a 2012 Tiguan 132TSI 4motion please let me know. :D

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 3:16 PM, Sports Racer said:

Hi all

Hope you're having a great 2022 and Santa got you what you wanted.

I'm in Melbourne, 800 ks from home, trying to buy a car for my wife while she's here for work. Hope to be home soon and run the next round of the proxy.

In the meantime if anyone knows what to look out for on a 2012 Tiguan 132TSI 4motion please let me know. :D

Cheers

Paul

gear box? transmission? last engine check (chain or timing belt?)? to be honest, my friend knows them well and always advise me to go for the TDI 4motion and not the petrol one. I tested few and bought my wife a volvo :)

Hi Paul/Sports Racer.

Pity this event is still affected by Covid but that is life everywhere including NZ. Most people have been racing 1/32 RTR locally again since well before Christmas but 1/24th nationally is still badly affected. This appears unlikely to change in the near future.

Re my Dog Holden thought (I should have left it at home as I did the year before) can you perhaps package it up and stick it in the post. Please advise me the cost of postage so I can reimburse you. I am keen to put it back to its original configuration.

Hope you can get proxy racing going again soon.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the gap between races, most of my weekends have been helping mum clean up so she can sell her place. When you have 100 acres and a shed big enough to park a plane there's an awful lot of stuff to clear out.

Next round should be this weekend.

Cheers

Paul

9 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

Sorry for the gap between races, most of my weekends have been helping mum clean up so she can sell her place. When you have 100 acres and a shed big enough to park a plane there's an awful lot of stuff to clear out.

Next round should be this weekend.

Cheers

Paul

Should be able to fit a decent sized track in there then...:P

Going through the whole moving " experience " myself at the moment. Mostly done  but still more to do. Only a suburban property,  can't imagine having to do such a large scale property :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Rule changes for next year.

The only change is regarding motors so there's no confusion over magnetic downforce.

I'm going towards Slot.it, Scaleauto, Sideways, Revoslot, Piranha, Plafit and NSR motors only. They are readily available and you should be able to find something suitable from this lot.

Let me know if I've left a brand out.

Cheers

Paul