Lane Change Splitter Box

PhilR

I made this splitter box for my power supply to my lane changers...

Sboxoutside.jpg

Dunno how it's going to work yet...( I just blew up my ssd power base by doing something really dumb!!)

Plus I havent yet performed the mods on the lane changers themselves...

Sboxinside2.jpg

Pretty simple thing really...bought all the components from Dick Smith's,cost bugger all!! Except for the metal strips that I soldered the wires to... For that I cut up some pieces of that metal strip that sticks to the cover of a glad wrap roll!! you know the serrated thing that cuts the glad wrap...Better yet it was actually a Black and Gold version of Glad Wrap...Even cheaper!! :D

There is one input for the psu and 5 outputs either side of the box..

So it remains to be seen just how well this will work...It checks out perfectly on the ohms meter at least..

Sboxinside.jpg

Gonna wire the lane changers up to 3.5 m female mono plugs, then make a bunch of varying length extension leads to go from the splitter box to the lane changers.

See, I'm all about changing my track constantly...Don't really want a permanent set up.. I'd just get bored with it...I want everything to be modular so I can pack it up and move it somewhere else, or just change it up at my own place..

Phil

I made this splitter box for my power supply to my lane changers...

Dunno how it's going to work yet...( I just blew up my ssd power base by doing something really dumb!!)

Plus I havent yet performed the mods on the lane changers themselves...

Pretty simple thing really...bought all the components from Dick Smith's,cost bugger all!!  Except for the metal strips that I soldered the wires to... For that I cut up some pieces of that metal strip that sticks to the cover of a glad wrap roll!! you know the serrated thing that cuts the  glad wrap...Better yet it was actually a Black and Gold version of Glad Wrap...Even cheaper!! :D

There is one input for the psu and 5 outputs either side of the box..

So it remains to be seen just how well this will work...It checks out perfectly on the ohms meter at least..

Gonna wire the lane changers up to 3.5 m female mono plugs, then make a bunch of varying length extension leads to go from the splitter box to the lane changers.

See, I'm all about changing my track constantly...Don't really want a permanent set up.. I'd just get bored with it...I want everything to be modular so I can pack it up and move it somewhere else, or just change it up at my own place..

Phil

great idea - puts my choc block method to shame.

Edited by tvwino