Adapter Sleeves

big den

Does anyone know of a slot car 'retailer in Australia or New Zealand that stocks the Parma Gear Sleeve (Part No 70239)?

I have lots of wheels made for 1/8 axles that I would like to convert for 3/32 axles.

In the past I have made my own by using 3/32 ID brass tubing but find it time consuming and not always precise due to my lack of workshop facilities and skill.

Den

Hello Den, As you know, both Parma and MRSlotcar (Canada) make sleeves to reduce the bore of the 1/8 bore Crowns to 3/32,.....but I do not know of a down under supplier.

Parma and Redfox do make 3/32 bore Crowns, but the Parma ones are now like finding hens teeth, and, are certainly more costly than a sleeve.

Even if you could produce a printed sleeve, I would be wary as the precision is likely not there.

Next time you are watching Ozzie football, sit there with a Dremel and make your own :D

Cheers

Chris Walker

Hello Den, I just spoke with Ernie Mossetti at MRSlotcar (Canada), and there may be a way to get you some 1/8 to 3/32 sleeves.

Ernie does deal with Armchair racer in Artamon NSW.......so,.......they could contact him and have him send some to them. You could also contact him directly (Facebook) and he could ship from here.

I have used both the Parma ones and the MRSlotcar ones, and the MRSlotcar versions are much more precise than the Parma ones.

Cheers

Chris Walker

Thanks for the suggestions chaps ...

I wasn't thinking of 3D printed sleeves as an option, Shayne, for the reason Chris has stated.

Chris, I think 'our' Mr. SlotCar in Victoria had them listed several months ago but not now.

I have previously made my own but with my very basic tools it was quite a job ... I think I may have over-complicated the process by tapping threads in the sleeves for the set-screws/grub screws?

I don't watch Ozzie football or much TV  of any description  (too many unfinished slot car projects!) but have decided DYI is probably the best option for getting the sleeves done. And cheaper too, as they were $2 each.

I was thinking of using a small rat-tail file but may try the Dremel too.

Den