Sign in to follow this  
miked

Slotit Skyline R32s

Our club was suppose to start racing a new class for Slotit Nissan Skyline R32s, but the Auckland lockdown has put paid to that,  likely it will become a New Year class now.

I thought I would have plenty of time to complete some projects but these two took me a month and a half to finish! Figuring there would be alot of Calsonic and Bathurst duplicate liveries appearing, I wanted something more unique but easy to paint. While technically fantasy liveries, they will hopefully still look the part.

I'm hoping these cars will prompt the other club members to hurry up and prep their Skylines.

I found the Tamiya Floro red paint is deadly on white, if you haven't masked stuff properly and sealed every nook, cranny and edge. Also pays to let it dry more than 2 days before clear coating it, otherwise it runs :unsure:.

- OrakeiRacer

20211103_175801.jpg?dl=0

20211103_175845.jpg?dl=0

20211103_175923.jpg?dl=0

20211103_180351.jpg?dl=0

20211103_180308.jpg?dl=0

20211103_180422.jpg?dl=0

• Like 2

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!

Your usual excellence Mike 

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Thanks guys for the comments. I haven't been able to get to the track to fully test the set ups yet but with the class rules, hopefully we will be all running fairly close.

I wondered if the gloss clear coat was just a bit too show room shiny and not so realistic for the scale, I have read some people prefer a Semi gloss finish, may try for my next project.

If I get pics of other club member Skylines, I'll post them.

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!