Lee D

Hi from Canberra

Hi All,

I'm 48 now but have been involved with slot cars on and off since I was 14.  I have recently got back in to the hobby this year when some of my family visited me from Adelaide to build a 32nd scale routed 2 lane track in my single car garage.  We made the most of what space we had and this year I have slowly been adding scenery.  

So far I have been buying quite a few Slot.it Rothmans Porsches as I love the Group C cars.  I also have NSR, Thunderslot, Sideways.  At the moment I have just been having mates over that I have now got in to the hobby and they are buying their own cars now and we just race against ourselves mostly trying to set fastest laps which I have a couple of whiteboards to record fastest laps.   

The photo below is a work in progress as I still have to put more grass down, trees, fences and paint the pit buildings.  I'd post a photo of the whole track but it won't let me upload photo's only link to a url which I have only put a few photo's up on reddit. 

Cheers

Lee

5xspfollh6q71.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

Great looking track.

Any chance I could come over and try to beat your lap records? :D

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

May the downforce be with you.

8 hours ago, charlesx said:

Looking good. Like the rock work. Did you use moulds? Regards Chas Le Breton

Hey Chas,

Yes I bought two Woodlands Scenic rock moulds.  The rocks by the grass and the rocks to the right of the bridge on the picture above I used plaster of paris.  The rocks to the left of the bridge on the picture above I used foam clay.  The foam clay I had to make the paint a bit stronger and it came out a bit too dark but I will be putting trees in front of it so it shouldn't matter too much.  

Lee

3 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

Great looking track.

Any chance I could come over and try to beat your lap records? :D

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

ah a local, I'm in Gungahlin and I don't think it would be hard to beat my times :D You're welcome to come over for sure and have a go at my track.  PM me and we can swap details and work out a day/time. 

I'm alllowing no tyre additives other than using soapy water on wet & dry sandpaper.  

Lee

I'll track you down next week.

We're running a round of the Touring Car proxy on Andrew's track in Richardson this Wednesday night. CARRACE will be having an enduro at Way2fast on Friday night for Modern Nascar and Aussie V8's and I've got to go to Melbourne for the weekend.

Cheers

Paul

and I've still got to post Charles's car back to him.

May the downforce be with you.

15 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

I'll track you down next week.

We're running a round of the Touring Car proxy on Andrew's track in Richardson this Wednesday night. CARRACE will be having an enduro at Way2fast on Friday night for Modern Nascar and Aussie V8's and I've got to go to Melbourne for the weekend.

Cheers

Paul

and I've still got to post Charles's car back to him.

No Problems, no rush.  I'll be around