Sign in to follow this  
Sports Racer

2021 Touring Car Proxy Round 2 - Andrew's track

I haven't even looked at what's going on at the front of the grid! 

I suppose we all proxy for different reasons. This year I am data gathering (in the absence of performance!) and next year I will be hoping for improvements on this year, and the year after I hope to be turning down all your requests for how I managed to beat all these racers on their home tracks. 

• Like 1

Hahahaha doubt if you will be able to do that BARacer, look think we all want to have some fun and be competative , been doing proxy racing for round about 12 years now and in that time met some great helpful people who really helped me get along with it.

Never aimed to win as it,s very hard to do against seasoned drivers and cars in their own enviroment , but have managed to put out reasonable cars that might give me a go of a podium or two,  Proxy racing is no longer the force it was , not so long ago we had the OZ rally, Tasman, ATCC,  and the WRP which alone had 40 odd entries but like every thing people loose interest , sometimes it is because they can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, some get bored , and find they just can't build competative cars.

There was Alexis and the IPS proxy in my opinion one of the best again over 40 entries and it was really good to see your car one month in Oz then Scotland, Greece, Wales e.t.c and Canada , we had regular updates , pictures comments on all the cars from the venue's  and the racing was really good , like all venues some strange drivers but you learned to build cars others could drive, you never stop learning.

Paul and myself had great competition around 3 years ago in this proxy when that went wider a field we both ran similat Merc's and it was nip and tuck but always good humoured fun really looked forward to where each of us were, things have changed now , as i have said these proxies have been waining before Covid and the usual one's are no longer running due to this and as i have said costs involved, and times they are a changing my friend.

Over the pond there are a few interesting proxy racing series like the 997 Porsche i though i would have a go at this year , another learning curve , knew i could build smooth well handling cars but once again i am finding lack of straight line pace  affects my lap time not by a lot as that proxy has a lot of very competative cars in it think a couple of tenths cover around 15 cars most races, but i have picked up in the comments from each venue useful info to improve the car this time i know i need to change the motor, to use  the one which is doing well  overall so far , as i have found that motor is actually running better here on my track than my entry , so that is another learning curve.

My time is drawing to a close what with health issues and i suppose getting a bit bored with the length some proxy's take to run, understand  that people who run them put a lot in to making theas things happen and have always tried to support them even those miles away , as without the support there will not be enough entrants to actually run them , not much fun having no REAL competition to improves your skills

• Upvote 1

agree, i love these proxies as i have no track on my own. The club here are multiple (at least around 50 wood routed tracks in ADELAIDE!!!!)  but the proxies allow me to work on car which are not part of the usual scenery here. the touring with a clio nsr is awesome as i love the 1:1 car and cannot race it in a proxy here (i found a way to have a megane r26 ninco body on a printed chassis with all slot it gears to compete in the slot it DTM, i almost had to sale a kidney for it!). I know the clio is not the most optimum car for the serie and want to offer my apology to the drivers, but at the same time, i feel that few of us are focusing in proxy to provide the car which is different.

Note: i did the WRP and loved it with my SCX and Nico citroen Loeb, but the newest classic rally could not let me race a french car (the pug came inline and they restricted to sidewinder and scalextric) so i had to refuse to participate!

But the track they raced on was amazing in Europe!!!! I remember an hill climb track with a full village scenery OMG! Almost as good as the white lake track i visited in Michigan.

I wish someone could/ would take over the IPS even if it’s just in 1 continent, the cars were cool and the competition fun.  I have Porsche 904s ready to race.  These are the slowest cars I own but they are a ton of fun to drive.  Love the Touring Car Proxy also.  

LOL. I started the IPS back in 2010 and handed it over to Alexis a few years later.

The first few years the Aussies dominated that proxy too.

May the downforce be with you.

2 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

LOL. I started the IPS back in 2010 and handed it over to Alexis a few years later.

The first few years the Aussies dominated that proxy too.

Interesting, I would post this here……hmm 

Referance the IPS proxy i competed in this for the last few years and in my opinion this was the best proxy, well run by Alexis and such fun to follow your car from Greece, to Canada with a few stops inbetween, always a lot going on what with so many pictures , and comments.

The cars were all great some lovely classic cars were entered in that , and from a personal point it seemed i could build pretty good IPS cars , have a couple of trophys sitting on the shelf here, but the main problem now apart from covid would be the cost of sending cars around parts of the globe, and customs, possibly it could become a one country proxy, i actually thought about it here but lack tracks.

So perhaps those days are gone and the only type of proxy possible is actually a single country like Paul is running , but you still need tracks and people to enter it 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 9:26 AM, Peter Gunn said:

Referance the IPS proxy i competed in this for the last few years and in my opinion this was the best proxy, well run by Alexis and such fun to follow your car from Greece, to Canada with a few stops inbetween, always a lot going on what with so many pictures , and comments.

The cars were all great some lovely classic cars were entered in that , and from a personal point it seemed i could build pretty good IPS cars , have a couple of trophys sitting on the shelf here, but the main problem now apart from covid would be the cost of sending cars around parts of the globe, and customs, possibly it could become a one country proxy, i actually thought about it here but lack tracks.

So perhaps those days are gone and the only type of proxy possible is actually a single country like Paul is running , but you still need tracks and people to enter it 

I’d enter,  a one / two country proxy using the current IPS rules or moving to 16k limit.  

Sorry guys, forgot all about the videos. :blink:

Pepsi, curef99, BARacer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T10NpyW330

ALS, Shaynus, Nonfractual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa5Iy9384UA

BrumosRSR, ArroldN, Supercharged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaS52_ssgg

Dixie, bov, sticks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPzLFWlAPHI

old man, Nev, Aloha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WTAVe7ZGwk

JohnnieE, jimmyslots 1950, lancelot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMDVM4krzvQ

Peter Gunn, DP201, Brooksy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRptHsIyvu0

32coupe, Alvaro, Sports Racer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTprxD1lGbU

• Like 1

May the downforce be with you.

Well, that was a bit painful..... but oh well ! ;)

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?