Tonyaussie

Hello from Tonyaussie

Hi everyone. This 65yo has been a tinkerer, model airplane designer and builder and caravan builder all my life. Finally the arthritis set in so slot cars will be my hobby. I've always done things quirky so this is no exception. 

The track has been planned and waiting on the materials and 2x bathurst 1:32 tracks plus digital, modules etc. Plus twotrain sets one OO and the other On30 scale 1:48. The track will losely be based on Bathurst but will be an "L" shape 4.7mx2.2m.  I will have modified tracks for 2 rail crossings, a Dick Johnson rock landing on the track and kangaroo roadkill both semi planned atm with servos and timers.

Anyway thanks for adding me here. I'm new to the hobby so I'll be on a steep learning curve.

Tony

Welcome Tony

Sounds like a nice track you are planning to build

A lot of information and a few how to pages in the home track and scenery sections

• Upvote 1

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Hi Tony

slot cars and trains go together well in my book...

I have started to collect some ON30 rolling stock and engines. I took my train track down to build a slot car track, now I want to do the reverse and build a new slot track/train track combined...

cheers

David

• Upvote 1

Welcome TonyAussie,

One greybeard to another, with many similar interests - r/c aircraft, model railways and "tinkering".

You don't state your location?... I'm in the far outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne, be nice if I had someone out this way to share the loneliness... 

Arthritis - warmer weather coming... time to get stuck in before the heat drives us all under a/c... and another window in Autumn before the cold makes our joints refuse to bend... 

Again, welcome aboard... don't be afraid to ask anything on modeling in here - it's a great forum.

frats,

Rosco

Thanks guys for the welcome 

Rosco- I'm located in Camperdown western Vic. 

Gref- yes hope to get some pics down the track. Wood supplies from our Bunnings order has been Covid delayed as has our slot car supplies (only couple of weeks away. I'll have to stoke up my photobucket account for pics for URL's.

Dangermouse- yeh, I like the concept of slot and obstacles like rail crossings. I have a tow truck also. Rules to include towing the ran off car to the pits etc. I'm sure to develop ideas. I agree On30 is the better gauge for 1:32 slot cars. I have OO atm with a On30 loco and coal car on order used to try it out. Lots of research is paying off e.g. I make my own bridges, tunnels and buildings. Wife and I print them off and build with balsa. Bridges are made wide enough for On30. The buildings are good fun hobby for us to do together.

Gazza- thanks

Tony