terry

Its an Elfin!

51590999838_49389b06ff_w.jpg

After sitting on the shelf for way too long I have started the build on the Elfin Mono.

Inspired by FPR7 from 2017 Tasman proxy series I thought it appropriate that this little car should see the light of day, obviously still some way to go but the hard stuff has been done( I hope) and just now to do the suspension and paint,

Thanks for this body Phil, 

51590999158_736aa49c2a_w.jpg

Unlke my past Tasman cars this car features a Slimline chassis from Pendle, this chassis absolutely blitzed the field back in 2016( I think,)  no doubt someone will correct me on that, the chassis is very easy to put together and fits this quite thin body nicely

51590783811_36090ec747_w.jpg

Edited by terry
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

51630267668_0d916980bd_w.jpg

More progress on the little Elfin, just about got all the suspension bits fitted, burnt finger tips and all,

I know you may think "what's the point?" with all this, no track here at the moment, no Tasman race to race this car, too much wire and brass for my liking and all that stuff, but bear with me here guys, I'm having an all right time getting this little car together.

51630694054_b6fe06597e_w.jpg

51630897845_c4189898e1_w.jpg

there is more to come

Terry

Edited by terry
  • Like 2

What's the point?

The point is you are enjoying yourself and this great hobby that we share an interest in

That is the point!

:)

Ditto Shaynus - it's not necessarily any "point" that we do this... it's all of them... achievment, satisfaction, creation, individuality... but most importantly - experience, and with that comes ability....

Mistakes - think of them positively... unless you make them, you will be very much the lesser in knowledge... 

Progressing beautifully - it will come to life when fully assembled and those colours go down to reveal the reality...

frats,

Rosco

Thanks guys,

I'm not doing this for anyone else but me, but its real nice to get some feedback, 

For me its a very satisfying thing to do, theres way too many negatives out there and this is just the perfect way to chill and do something I get a lot of pleasure, when my little cars do get track time either here or in the Tasman I'm always keen to see how the car goes and hopefully learn from whatever shortcomings the racing brings

We not only learn whatever shortcomings bring, Terry - we are replicating history...... the 1:1 scale chaps did exactly what we are... so, in effect - we've scaled that too....

frats,

Rosco