Sign in to follow this  
MarkC66

Newbie question about SSD track pieces

Hey Guys,

As a courtesy and to not interrupt a flow I moved this from the announcements section of the forum.

So, I am soon to receive my first Slot.it offering( the Richo/Skaife Nissan Skyline GT-R) to add to my very limited stable of Aussie touring cars, so I have ordered the appropriate chip to run with my Scalextric digital systems and hopefully will be ready to go. My question is, do I need to alter/modify or replace the guide blade to use with SSD track pieces.

I have it in my noggin that there was an issue with certain types of guide blades(may not be Slot.it) taking out sensors in certain SSD track pieces(I'm not talking about not registering laps) and after searching the forums and Googling I am yet to find an answer. So are there any car brands whose stock guide blades(too large) don't play nice with Scalextric track pieces and need to be modified or replaced. 

I really want to look at expanding my horizons on brands and options.

Thanks

Mark

Just make sure the leading bottom edge has a chamfer/taper rather than a hard corner. That way it will skip over anything rather than tear it off.

• Like 1