Sign in to follow this  
Sports Racer

2021 Touring Car Proxy - Practice Race :-) - Alistair's

23 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

All the short wheelbase cars were a bit of a handful on Alistair's track except jimmyslots. His cars weigh twice as much as everyone else's so it's bound to be drivable. :lol:

it looks like once you find the limit, the car is good to drive, but still very slow in PB compare to some others.

• Like 1

The countdown stops too so it does not make much difference. You could put some rules around it so stops would be minimised. e.g. car out of reach, under a bridge, 2 0r more cars involved. C Le B

On 10/21/2021 at 6:06 PM, Nonfractal said:

I haven't seen any documentation that the sc0025b might pull more on one side that the other.

The can is open both sides.

However, If you can test the motor and do find that it can be rotated to bring it inside the rules without breaking the motor mount,  please do.

Alan

Alan

Guess what?

Have a look at the video. 

Magnet test

No need to penalise you now. :D

When I rotated the motor I used screws to hold it in, much better than glue and very strong.

248344811_1461633904223856_8919355642651

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Alan, while I had your car apart I noticed you hadn't cut back the insulation on the wires where they go into the guide. This can be a fracture point when you use grub screws to hold the wires in so I trimmed back the insulation about 3mm. While I was doing it the end of one of the wires broke off at the fracture point so your car wouldn't have finished a race if I hadn't fixed it.

248234619_1461630220890891_3031654872242

I also replaced the red tape you had wrapped around the wires as it was starting to fall off - see previous picture. The stuff I use is the wrapping used on a loaf of bread - plastic with metal wire imbedded.

I also made sure the wires can't short out on the screw used to hold the guide on.

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Perhaps ours run differant upside down chuckle , do think a series motor would eleviate all this , one motor , only one trouble ????? it blowing up Happy Dance GIF by MLB

On 10/23/2021 at 9:55 PM, Peter Gunn said:

Perhaps ours run differant upside down chuckle , do think a series motor would eleviate all this , one motor , only one trouble ????? it blowing up 

i signed for a one motor series next year!