Scalextric Brock Patterson A9X and French XY

Vinno

I planned on posting this up a couple of weeks ago but didn't quite get there. Scalextric have sent us another 2 new Aussie race cars which are always appreciated. Both cars have very attractive liveries and the Falcon in particular a nice change from the Red works Ford Falcons of Allan Moffat. Moffat was my favourite at the time but it is nice to see this car in particular. The paint is stunning and looks fantastic on the track. 

The French car is the second place getter from Bathurst 1972 and the year Brock beat the big guns in the little XU1 Torana where the wet conditions played into Holden's lap. It was also Brock's first win and the first year the cars were allowed some modifications which was to stop the manufacturers building 160 mph road versions of their cars.

French XY 1.jpgFrench XY 2.jpgFrench XY 3.jpgFrench XY 4.jpgFrench XY 5.jpg

The Brock car is another nice looking livery and his second win. Some very nice detail on the car including the Hotwire wheels which look very nice with some sharp detail down to the wheel nuts. My only issue with the Torana is the axles are a little narrow meaning the wheels sit a little too far inboard.

I did run both cars with magnets seeing I have plastic track but quickly pulled them out and ran them minus magnet and with the standard tyres. With a little bit of a sanding the Falcon ran very well and prompted me to set up all my other XW and XY Falcon's with a little weight and standard tyres. They drive well and quite realistically although I have noticed half of my Falcons have loose rear bush mounts in the chassis so will fix them at some stage.

The Torana tyres really can't cope with the slimline motors power and it is all over the track. So I will eventually sort the Torana too as I find them a challenge but rewarding when the are done properly.

Thanks again Scalextric we love the cars and will keep buying them of you keep making them. Maybe a few more liveries during the year please as we just don't seem to get enough of them. And maybe some other Australian cars also I am sure they will sell.

Brock 25 1.jpg

Brock 25 2.jpg

Brock 25 3.jpg

Brock 25 4.jpg

Brock 25 5.jpg

• Like 4

Nice report Vince

The John French car is a must as you said Red is nice but time for a little colour change 

The torana turned up at my place a couple of weeks ago, funny thing is i don't remember ordering it, and any holden product is not high on my list, oh well i wonder what other Alzheimer affected cars are going to turn up in the future.

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

4 minutes ago, gazza said:

Nice report Vince

The John French car is a must as you said Red is nice but time for a little colour change 

The torana turned up at my place a couple of weeks ago, funny thing is i don't remember ordering it, and any holden product is not high on my list, oh well i wonder what other Alzheimer affected cars are going to turn up in the future.

I have all the Torana's too even though I am a Ford fan. If Scalextric make classic Aussie cars I will buy every one. Bring on the Monaro's, Chargers and XU1 Torana. Although am impatiently waiting for the Slot.it Skyline.

• Like 2

@Vinno thanks for the write up it was a great read.

Last week I got notified my backorder for both cars has been filled and I should have both cars either today or tomorrow. I think now I have also have all the Torana's and XW,XY, XA, XB & Xc's released. BUT like you I'm hanging for the Slot.it Skyline to arrive. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oldskool62 said:

@Vinno thanks for the write up it was a great read.

Last week I got notified my backorder for both cars has been filled and I should have both cars either today or tomorrow. I think now I have also have all the Torana's and XW,XY, XA, XB & Xc's released. BUT like you I'm hanging for the Slot.it Skyline to arrive. 

23 hours ago, Vinno said:

I have all the Torana's too even though I am a Ford fan. If Scalextric make classic Aussie cars I will buy every one. Bring on the Monaro's, Chargers and XU1 Torana. Although am impatiently waiting for the Slot.it Skyline.

You guys aren't Robinson Crusoe, I too am hanging for the Slot.it Skyline, it will actually be my first Slot.it car in the paddock.

Edited by MarkC66
added extra post
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Shaynus said:

It is a pity the Toranas weren't made with mabuchi motors :unsure:

I've got 2 of the 2 door variety though...:P

Yeah it would make sense. I have swapped the standard motor for SRP 18k motors which suit the car perfectly but you can’t buy them any more. I got some other motors from Phil K on the forum but I saw someone else has a similar motor on Slotcar Corner. I like using a shorter shaft on them too as they are a bit long. Means butchering the standard chassis with a motor Mount or something like that.

Great photo's. I wasn't going to get that Torana but now I think I'll hafta.

The last two I bought, the Morris and Brock two doors had zero brakes. There is a sweeper onto my main straight and without a word of a lie I'd literally take my finger off the trigger  and they would rocket down the straight at undiminished speed.

Pulled the motors and hot glued in the 14,000 rpm H & R motor. A few other mods but that absolutely transformed them.

Chris.

• Like 1

Late Model