Caddo

Urethane tyre for 20 x 10 rim

Gday, wondering if anyone has any ideas if there is a urethane tyre to suit a rim with dimensions: 20mm diameter and 10mm wide

Cheers

2 hours ago, Caddo said:

Gday, wondering if anyone has any ideas if there is a urethane tyre to suit a rim with dimensions: 20mm diameter and 10mm wide

Cheers

Hi Caddo,...there are likely several options  !!..........a quick check in my vintage tyre bin turned up  possibilities from both Ortmann, and Paul Gage,....but,  a little more info is required.

Do your wheels have a center ridge, or are they vintage wheels with double flanges ???............and, what final diameter are you looking for.??

Cheers

Chris Walker

I may have a couple of options but 20mm is a large diameter...are they for a 1/24 car?

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Is 20mm X10mm the rim size, or is that the finished tire size on the rim? Is the rim for a 1/32 or 1/24 slot car?

Many options to choose from. Paul Gage , MJK, super tires. You might let us know what size the rim is first, then the tire can be chosen. larger rims will make the tire taller. 

Since you look to be from near Sydney, here is a MJK 4213 SLOT.IT 20 X 10, from slot shop. http://www.slotshop.com.au/mjk-4213-slot.it-20-x-10

Product main image
Edited by lancelot

Thanks for the replies all, the rims are 20 x 10 on a 1/28 scale car. Looking for an outside diameter around 24mm.

The rims have no step, but I don't mind if the tyres do, will just glue and true them and enjoy the cushioned "air" effect.

Cheers

If you are looking for a final dia. of 24mm, I would not use a tyre made for the more modern center "stepped" wheels..............your sidewall height is going to be around 2mm, and it is likely that once trued, that you will/may  cut into the internal step of the tire.

RSSlot racing offer a wide range of Ortmann Vintage tires for double flanged wheels.......Monogram, Revell, K&B, Cox, Russkit etc. etc. and none of these have a center ridge moulded into the tire.,....which will be better better on all counts.

Under the "Russkit" brand, you will find a model # 26,........which is 11mm wide (including sidewall bulge) and 25mm tall, and once mounted on your wheel will be a bit taller, which will give you plenty of room to "true".

I have used several of these tires on similarly sized tires with no issues,........you will also find many other options in the "Vintage" tire section at RSSlotracing.

Cheers

Chris Walker

Hi Caddo,

Have you checked out MJK in Adelaide? They have a wide variety of tyres for 1:24 and 1:32.

And I don't know if AMR (Adelaide Model Raceway) are still making tyres but I bought 1:24 stuff from them way back in the 1990s. 

Pattos Place used to stick both of these brands.

Den