Sign in to follow this  
gilson65

Ninco Car

I am just about to pick up a new ninco subaru with ball bearings fitted never owned a ninco let alone with bearings fitted are they sealed or do you have to oil them the same as with bushes basically the only cars i own are scalextric

When you buy the Mobil 1 make sure you get the 5 litre container. That way you will have enough to lube the bearings for the next 5000 years. :):o:P

May the downforce be with you.

In the grand scheme of things, does it make the cars any faster? How does it effect breaking (Less rolling resistance = less friction = worse breaking)?

south_1.jpg

Catchfence.jpg

From my experience with the car the NINCO Pro-Race is by far one of the smoothest plastic chassied rally cars, drivetrain wise, that I've ever driven. It's also the fastest rally car I have in my collection but most of that is thanks to the Pro-Race Subby having the NC-6 Crusher rated at 23.5K RPMs. The motor is very strong, in both torque and braking, so the reduced friction of the bearings really just assists that. Also figure that the Pro-Race cars come with 4 axle pullies and dual drive belts and that is an added bit of friction so in many cases the parts of the car are there to negate the effect of the other.

My local club has tried running an no-mag unlimited rally class on numerous occasions, 4 lane 120' Carrera road course, and each time my Pro-Race car has been top dog. At one point they even thought about banning it. I'm not implying the car is the best non-mag rally car available but it certainly is right at the top if you have a large enough track to get the most from the NC-6. In contrast, if you have a smaller home track with limited straights the Pro-Race cars are probably overkill, as on my home track a standard (but weight tuned) SCX Corolla's fastest lap is a 7.819 while the stock Pro-Race Subby's fastest is a 7.603, yet on my larger commercial track the same two cars are worlds apart with the NINCO running between 12 and 13 seconds a lap and the SCX I don't think has ever seen a 15 second lap.

Shawn

dedicated.gif

thanks for the replys especially the picture from sj slots they look a well built car i should have had it by now but slot shop have had a busy time after seeing the picture i am hanging out