Old Wdmcrg Website

itelectrical

I came across the old WDMCRG Website which hasnt been updated for about 6 years but there was still a few interesting things to see there. And plenty of other sites to look at in the links pages.

The Rally Event looked very interesting albeit complicated. Any comments Devious or Rob E?

Old WDMCRG Website

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

It was.

Joe and I were racing magnet classes elsewhere and Devious started there. When the fun went out of magnets, Devious invited us to Willmot. You can see from the results that we struggled at first. I never got the hang of stopping a fast Fly Ferrari 512 in time for the inside of a Scalex Double Inner (R1) at the end of that downhill straight. I had no idea about adding weight so I didn't :blink:

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Guys, Graeme started the website yonks ago and did a great job, but then was forced to let it slide with pressure of work being the main stumbling block. He was going to organise software and lessons for me to take over but neither eventuated due to the same problems. Any of the current wdmcrg racers want to have a go??? Dave.

Dave,

I read your post then surfed over to Geocities who host the old site. They now have some nice software tools to help build a website. I created a new account and built a very rudimentary site using their tools to see what they could do.

If you click here, you'll see a basic site with intro page and simple buttons, a text page (rules) and a page that hold uploaded documents (results, which has an image and 3 .PDF files of results).

Its not aethetically appealing but it could be if I spent more time on it. I was just testing the functionality of the geocities tools and they look pretty good considering its all free. It took maybe 20 minutes all up, only using the geocities tools -- not one line of html programming or anything like that. If you want to use that link -- because of the name, as wdmcrg has been taken by someone else -- let me know and its yours. From what I saw, I think you could either rebuild the old site or create a new one pretty quickly.

Cheers

bump

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Phil, anything to get Devious away from tuning his cars because they're fast enough :blink: Imagine someone who has his Tassie Tiger race car ready months before the race and you'll understand what the rest of us are up against. He needs another hobby. :huh:

I'd almost forgotten about the Old WDMCRG site.

I can't see any reason why it couldn't be brought "up to speed", particularly given the simplicity of Glen's solution. I'll get in touch with Graeme and see if I can get the necessary passwords, etc. to access the old pages.

Glen, is there any way to not have pop-ups and stuff?

Rob E.

What popups? Just about all of the current browsers can block them and the Javascript for the sliding ads.

The free plans, like the current site, are "paid for" by the ads and popups. The 'no ads' plans start at $US5/month.

Just one thought here gents - how about we preach a "mantra" of having specific forums available for club info here and have common gossip type bits for everyone...

..I'd just hate to see an already "small" community further fragmentised.. :blink:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I agree with Eno. All the results etc can be posted on this forum as usual but it would be good to leave the WDMCRG site where it is just with up to date info, regs and contact details so hopefully we can get some new racers.

The only thing is that maybe too much stuff is already being loaded up onto this forum meaning that Vinno and Bo are having to foot the bill in a larger way than normal due to excessive bandwidth.

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

I agree with Eno. All the results etc can be posted on this forum as usual but it would be good to leave the WDMCRG site where it is just with up to date info, regs and contact details so hopefully we can get some new racers.

The only thing is that maybe too much stuff is already being loaded up onto this forum meaning that Vinno and Bo are having to foot the bill in a larger way than normal due to excessive bandwidth.

We aren't far from another 100mb chunk too. That is something we are discussing at present. How do we stop the costs mounting up?

We are almost up to $400.00 a year. I could buy myself some extra cars with my half of that.

As Vinno says, we can do new things like specific forums for race groups, chat etc but the sticking point at the moment is meeting the operating costs without changing the look, feel and spirit of the Forum too much, if at all. Discussions are underway at Auslot Central to formulate a plan that everyone here can discuss and comment on.

As Vinno says, we can do new things like specific forums for race groups, chat etc but the sticking point at the moment is meeting the operating costs without changing the look, feel and spirit of the Forum too much, if at all. Discussions are underway at Auslot Central to formulate a plan that everyone here can discuss and comment on.

Auslot central is the phone during the day as I am travelling around our fair city.

Auslot central is the phone during the day as I am travelling around our fair city.

Who's fair city?? :D

To quote the great man "You bubble headed booby!"

Hey - I'm sure you could do a "lamington drive" or something - there'd be enough mugs willing to throw in a few bucks!

How about a "Sponsored Vinno does something ludicrous"?? ;)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.