What's wrong with some people?

munter

Whats wrong with some people?

The slotcar community is a pretty cool bunch of people who enjoy the hobby and enjoy sharing their experiences…..this is what I thought, but after some exchanges with a few so called slotcar enthusiasts I am not so sure anymore.

Some members of some forums are vicious types….they operate in groups and when they see a victim they troll and bully that person continually.

If you support someone they don’t then you too get trolled, bullied or harassed.

This has been seen on the SF forum over some years and it sometimes occurs here.

Don’t criticize anything they do to the slightest degree or you become the target.

I am sorry to write this and put it up on a public forum and no doubt inconvenience the moderators but I have to get it out of my system. Apologies to the Mod team.

For instance….I recently contradicted or questioned a person on SF and then received a threatening message from a member here. Why would that happen? Because they are both in the same group of aggrieved people.

Lets take a sample from the latest PMs

“Be grateful you haven’t been exposed….yet” and “You have been warned” and “no need to reply….you have been warned” and “If you continue it online on any forum I’m going to have to let everyone know what you did and how you did it along with all your BS  threatening PM’s elsewhere”

Now it is easy to fabricate words as I could have in the above statement but these are quotes from PMs recently received. I am sure moderators can read PMs if they need to.

In the past I have been asked for my address and email so legal papers could be served on me because I somehow offended/criticized/questioned the guy.

If by posting this statement I am asked to leave Auslot then so be it…..but I am just giving everyone a heads up about the wonderful world of slot cars and the sort of people who inhabit the forums.

Regards to all

John

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

John,

This has happened to me with a physical threat from a member of this forum ... two weeks after an altercation.

I had the nerve to tell said member to pull their head in.

I took solace that said member stewed on it for two weeks before having the "guts", to PM me a "threat".

I haven't been very active lately not due this this "threat", but due to relocating and waiting forever for our house to be built.

Once up and running again I will still support you and your work, so if you do leave, or am asked to, please make sure to leave your contact details if they have changed.

Apologise for the quote marks.

I agree John with what you say about this hobby and industry is filled with terrific, knowledgeable and helpful people. So far this slot car industry has been the only one that I've come across that are so helpful.

Not at all good that you have received threats and other crappy comments. I for one have had numerous logging in issues, still do these issues are what have stopped me being active on these forums, having to fight to sign in is a complete PITA so I've moved to other forums that have no issues.

I do understand there have been upgrades made to the software used here and just see there are small teething issues, I am sure things will return to normal with the forums software.

You take care John and hope to see you back here or elsewhere, you are a considerable part of slot cars that I read and follow even though I don't say much, I still lurk in the backgrounds reading ;) 

Really sorry to read that you are going that rubbish, John. Sad to say but I wonder if it's just the nature of the beast, the so called key board warriors. It reminds me of a forum for classic NASCAR I used to lurk on. There was a core of about twenty guys who saw all those fabulous sixties NASCAR race cars up close and personal had so much information and photos and to top it off were fantastic modellers.

Then, a bunch of younger guys joined and started arguing with these established members and what I gather they were going through what you are, being bombarded with aggressive messages and e-mails so eventually all the older guys with all that experience and knowledge left the forum. Soon after these newer guys left as well and the forum was just left in tatters.

At the end of the day, if those on SF bug you, stuff 'em, just enjoy the hobby your way.

Chris.

Late Model

Hi guys

Just an FYI, we can’t read PM’s they are encrypted or something like that so unless added to a thread we have no idea what is going on  

Seeing the forum has been around for so long and has no affiliation with any company, advertising or anything like that I would prefer we all just get along and share information and skills. Obviously people have differences of opinion and it gets personal but I am no HR manager or legal professional so hopefully we can sort things out and keep on our merry disorderly way. 

Regards Vinno

• Like 2

15 hours ago, munter said:

Whats wrong with some people?

A familiar story.

I'm going to go with "inferiority complex" coupled with being taught things like: "It's a dog eat dog world out there." and "Any press is good press." and "It's not personal, it's just business." and "Take it to the mattresses."

Yes I experience the same thing with a recently banned member promising me in 2017 he would “make me accountable for every thing I say online from now on”. This character has kept his promise and trolled me continuously ever since.

Considering there are thousands of members across various platforms, 3 trolls out of 3000 is just 1 in 1000. It’s going to happen and as a manufacturer and enthusiast I accept the tall poppy syndrome is real. Just how it is. Onward and upward and don’t let the bastards get to you.

Hey Ive even had a moderator on a different platform create a false ID to cream me, harass and insult. He was busted and removed as moderator in 12 hours flat.

Have fun guys it’s just toy cars.:)

Rick

3 stooges, 2 apologists and 1 deep endless mess.

www.scorpiuswireless.com