Sign in to follow this  
tsmsoccer

Recording details of your slot cars

I finally decided that I should record my slot cars on my House and Contents insurance as a seperate item. 

Insurance company recommended I take pictures of the cars and record the details to make any potential future claim more likely to be approved.

i have now started a spreadsheet and commenced the laborious task of entering all the information. This started me thinking are members insuring their slot cars and what are they using to record slot car information ie spreadsheet or database.

if someone has created a particularly good spreadsheet or database they may be happy to share it with others.

I looked around for ages for something to catalogue my record collection, but much out there is crap.

I gave up looking and settled for an app called Snupps. It’s a bit of a failed app for detailing, sharing and selling you collections and stuff. It’s pretty easy to use and it at least gave me the chance to photograph all my stuff and store the catalog in one place. May not be what you’re looking for, don’t know.

https://ibb.co/30P3xw4

cheers

paul

Edited by Mobbzee

I stumbled across software named Recollector, essentially a database/spreadsheet that you can customise the fields load photo's and print out a hardcopy when needed, even has a phone app that allows me to take my collection with me.

I've got things setup that it works via a home network as well, something the developer didn't know would work, it does. The trial gives you a limited number of entries, from memory 30, the registration was cheap also

You can multiple collections setup (registered version) such as coin collection, slot car collection, CD collection can all be created and edited under Recollector

Quick screen snip showing entries

Recollector.jpg

The edit entry screen

Recollector1.jpg

Edited by Johnno

The last 15 odd years I have bought most of my cars from one shop. They have everything I bought on record I wonder if that counts as it is a financial record also?

Charlie I think you just need to record it on a spreadsheet anyway what else do you old retired blokes have to do?

I keep a record of all my slot cars on UR3.0.

Been using it for years now.

Has a list of the cars I have in alphabetical order.

Once you click on a certain car it will bring up a picture with the brand, make, price, number etc.

Great way to stop buying doubles too.

The version I downloaded years ago was free but I believe there's a small fee now.

• Like 1