Sign in to follow this  
Peter Gunn

Slot it motors

In the UK our slot it moto9rs are being released with white bell ends , all of them , i have just got 2 23 K and 2 29 K and the only differance is on the side of the can's it is marked in a pen that rubs of is what that motor is , can see fun with this , as we have a number of clubs who designate what coloured bell end you have to use , so i can see a cross change of putting the 29 arm and bell end in the 23 k marked case , dead easy as i,ve just done it in 5 minutes.

Mabuchi who make these call them endbells, I've seen enough mentions of bell ends today to have to say something.

...I was going to post an image of a bell end but would probably get banned :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

explanation_im05.gif

Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...B)

Actually, ........all electric motor manufacturers call them "endbells":),......and have as long as I can remember, which is longer than I care to reveal !!

Cheers

Chris Walker

17 hours ago, Peter Gunn said:

...so i can see a cross change of putting the 29 arm and bell end in the 23 k marked case , dead easy as i,ve just done it in 5 minutes.

If you open an S-can can to change  components , this causes stress in the tabs that hold the end bell in place.

Any scrutineer worth his salt wil be able to spot this with a good magnifying glass.

Alan

Been going on for years since the age of the can , there are people out there who will try anything , been in same motor series and been left for dead by identical car , and often wondered what the secret was until one day we found out and the member suddenly dissapeared. 

9 hours ago, Peter Gunn said:

Been going on for years since the age of the can , there are people out there who will try anything , been in same motor series and been left for dead by identical car , and often wondered what the secret was until one day we found out and the member suddenly dissapeared. 

Hi Keith,

yes Slot.it signalled nearly 18 months ago that they would no longer be identifying their various motors by end bell colour.

- my guess is that is was simply a case of the “tiny” amounts (probably a few “skids” at a time) that slot makers would buy from Mabuchi, Sun, or “whoever”, just didn’t make the cut for a special plastic colour.

But if some “Richard cranium” wants to cheat at a club level by dicking with motors, frankly, the sooner they depart the better.

at HB club, we are currently running a series for Pioneer Legends. 10 rounds., 2 on each track.

scrutineering for the series was sooooo intense it went something  like 

( no body  was remove in the making of this series)

“nice livery”,  “thanks, enjoyed doing it”

“what tooth numbers did you put on the replacement pinion/spur?”  “13/32 from memory, but I’ve lowered the final ratio a bit  because I took quite a lot off the tyre diameter getting them round “

”Shoot, that’s silky smooth, what did you use on the tyres, 226 or NSR oil?”   “A mix actually “

”How did you set the replacement guide?” “It’s actually a Sloting Plus, they fit better than Slot.it, hey I bought spares guys if anyone wants one, in my slot case”

I think the only class scrutineering we have really done in recent memory, was BTCC - once, when we first set up cars 3 years ago…….

• Like 2

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

It's quite sad when people try and "bend" things under the table. Skill of the competitors using specific guidelines is what it's all about. 

Agree  been doing this sport for 58 years and afraid i,ve seen it all well think i have , luckily people who i have met during the last few years on various platforms  do play with a straight bat and are always willing to help others , now that's sportmanship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SlotsNZ said:

scrutineering for the series was sooooo intense it went something  like 

( no body  was remove in the making of this series)

“nice livery”,  “thanks, enjoyed doing it”

“what tooth numbers did you put on the replacement pinion/spur?”  “13/32 from memory, but I’ve lowered the final ratio a bit  because I took quite a lot off the tyre diameter getting them round “

”Shoot, that’s silky smooth, what did you use on the tyres, 226 or NSR oil?”   “A mix actually “

”How did you set the replacement guide?” “It’s actually a Sloting Plus, they fit better than Slot.it, hey I bought spares guys if anyone wants one, in my slot case”

I think the only class scrutineering we have really done in recent memory, was BTCC - once, when we first set up cars 3 years ago…….

Scrutineers at our club (I was one of them) caused no end of argy bargy, if your club has rules and a scrutineer then they need enforcing or don't bother...this year we've gone down the 'self scrutineering' route and has been the best year we've had at the club (excluding the 3 months it was shut for Covid).

We still have a scrutineer (not me this year) but he's not had to do anything yet. We are only strict'ish on tyre width, overall width and magnetic downforce (we have a 25g limit).

Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...B)

We found the best way to stop someone cheating was to make him scrutineer. He knew all the tricks and used to stretch the rules so far rubber band companies were asking him his secrets. Nothing blatantly illegal but sometimes you had to shake your head in amazement.

Have you ever seen a Fly truck so low that the body had to be trimmed so it didn't scrape the track?

I hear he's running a Proxy series now. :D

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

We abuse Crocket mercilously, from calling him Smokey Yanuck, to telling him he couldn't lie straight in bed - all because he got some of his cars from the previous track owner . .  who we called Smokey Yanuck and told HIM him he couldn't lie straight in bed.

We accuse various others - probably including me, of being dirty cheats, filthy rotten nerfers, girls, ladies, offer some braille lessons, and so on.
Much fun.

Agree  been doing this sport for 58 years and afraid i,ve seen it all well think i have , luckily people who i have met during the last few years on various platforms  do play with a straight bat and are always willing to help others , now that's sportmanship.

Yep.  We have a pretty healthy club vibe.  A most common saying is "are we having fun yet" 
Sometimes guys come without cars or controllers, they don't feel like racing, maybe tired, or were just too busy to think about getting ready, but they still want to come to club, marshal, eat food, engage in the banter.
I think over half our members are from when we began in 2007, and we have more racing now, than I think any time in the past

• Like 3

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC