2021 Touring Car Proxy - posting

Sports Racer

2 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

It’s ok, I’ve got a 10kg hammer somewhere so should have no problem removing the magnet. ;)

I’ll replace it with an equivalent weight piece of lead.

Cheers

Paul

Replace the whole car with a piece of lead?

It will probably go just as well! :lol:

On 7/23/2021 at 8:21 AM, Shaynus said:

Doh! :wacko:

Totally forgot about magnets! Our local track Isn't magnabraid so magnets don't have any effect, apart from ballast,  so didn't even cross my mind...sigh...a bit embarrassing, sorry!

I remember last year an o/s competitor having a dig at us Ozzies not reading the rules in regards to wheels, and now I'min the same camp - oh, the shame!

At least I'll be starting in my usual position! :P

(Walks off, hanging head in shame...)

Last year i was the car with the most penalties... shame does not kill, but i am trying to have none this year... we shall see.

• Like 1

I'm taking the cars to Andrew's this Saturday for a run. There's still a few I'm waiting for so Saturday will just be a test session (and video) to let everyone know how the cars are.

I tested some of them last night on my little figure 8 test track to see how good/bad they are and there are some dogs. I hope they run better on a proper track.

Yours was the fastest by far. Almost broke my lap record. :o

May the downforce be with you.

1 hour ago, charlesx said:

Hi Sports Racer. Would not be surprised if mine is a bit of a dog. Put back in box if you wish.

Regards Chas Le Breton

No need to panic.

There's a big difference with cars on my figure 8 test track and on a real track. For setting up cars it's great but sometimes when I take a backup car to a race meet it goes better than my race prepped car.

fetch?id=1683176&d=1596679782

On 7/29/2021 at 3:33 AM, Sports Racer said:

I'm taking the cars to Andrew's this Saturday for a run. There's still a few I'm waiting for so Saturday will just be a test session (and video) to let everyone know how the cars are.

Any luck with the videos? 

I’m trying to find a way to download the video I took.
We only had time to test a few cars but some are awesome. Peter Gunn’s is as fast as mine. His wife’s car is probably going to win the proxy but the other English car from his friend might have something to say about that.

I don’t know what they put in the water there but I want some of it.

Charlesx 6.540 (skinny, top heavy car. Way out of it’s league here against much wider bodied cars).

Pepsi 6.077 (drives much better than last year)

Bov 5.705 (funny, didn’t seem quick when driving it but lap times don’t lie)

oldman 5.910 (not quick on the corners, lacks grip)

Shaynus 5.924 (It actually went slower with the magnet - never seen that before. Still has the problem of doing 5 laps then coming out of the slot without warning so you’re scared to keep driving it fast).

Peter Gunn 5.784  (If driven at 10/10ths it would be faster but watch out for the back end - it will snap without warning).

Sports Racer 5.784 (feels slow, very smooth and easy to drive)

Dixie 5.467 (and does it easily and consistently)

32 Coupe 5.515 (I hate this car :D. Very fast on the straights and corners well)

JohnnieE 5.446 (takes a while to get there but gets better and better as the tyres warm up)

I’ll try to test the rest later this week.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

So my car was about 1/2 sec faster than my last year’s car before I detuned it a bit to make it more drivable for more drivers, but still quicker. However, still don’t think I’m anywhere near the top looking at some of the cars Paul tested … great builds, uh oh, doh

We did wait until the end of the day when the track was well rubbered up before we attempted the test runs, I did all the driving and was very surprised at how quick some of the cars are.

I am looking forward the the first race, my best guess is that it will be a real battle for the podium, I just hope my car makes it the the top.

There should be a few more test sessions before we can set a qualifying order for the first race, stay tuned for updates.

Cheers

Andrew

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.