terry

Round 4 2021 Tasman Cup Proxy Series Hamlyn Terrace

Paul has qualified the cars for round 4

51252883065_1ef597a879_z.jpg

Paul "reported",

"I cleaned all cars tyres and gave them a 10lap qualifying run, after about 7 or 8 laps of pushing hard, I had reached the cars potential, and took that time as their qualifying time

No issues with any of the cars, most cars had good grip,"

Race will be run on Saturday 19th

Edited by terry

A couple of pics of the full field lineup

51252599289_a99f90be56_z.jpg

51251856201_26cffd0b42_z.jpg

Edited by terry

Thanks Terry,

Nice work Paul.

Congratulations big Al.

Paul

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

Congratulations Lenny, Plugger and PhilK on your top qualifying time  and podium times.  Good luck to all the builders on Raceday 

Thanks to Terry for posting and to Paul (Eric) for getting things underway.

Happy with the Qualifying result, but one swallow don't make a summer so we'll have to see how it pans out today. (maybe there's  a better turn of phrase..... but there ya go)

Could we have a pic of the whole track please so we know what we are racing on please.

Alan

race results and Pauls comments

51259397174_2b6ca51082_z.jpg

51258654206_b30f025cf7_z.jpg

51259395264_77cd6471d5_z.jpg

Edited by terry

Hi all,

Well done Brumos and Lenny.

Thanks to drivers and marshals.

Must have been  an  exiting run with the little cars.

Most seem to be with  a lap or so for most of the race. Big race day . 

Well done all and thanks again.

Paul 

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

Wow!!! Didn’t expect a podium based on qualifying times, nor a win.  Congratulations Paul and Lenny on your podiums and to the others who finished better than expected.   Paul, Looks like regardless of finish, you may be too far ahead for anyone to catch you in points.  Viv, Steve, Paul and Terry thank you for getting the most out of the #33 as it ran its average laps times on par with qualifying thank you.  Terry also thank you and all involved for hosting this round.  

Edited by Brumos RSR

The other drivers don't frequent our forum too often so I thought it would be appropriate to give my driving impressions from the day.

For me, it was a different Tasman proxy, for those of you who may not know but in previous years I ran the proxy race solo, I lived too far from all of my drivers and just found it much simpler to run the day on my own, Saturdays race was that much different for me, most enjoyable to have the other guys involved and for Eric(Paul) to be keen on the whole proxy concept is certainly a bonus.

The cars......Obviously the results do speak for themselves, the top 3 cars were a delight to drive, although this years field did not bring a lot of 2021 cars to the race, it was good to see cars from previous years improved and running better with that development.

If there was one thing which stood out was tyres and who had done their work in getting those little black buggers to work best, the higher the car finished in the race the better the tyres were and the easier those cars were to drive ,Brumoss' car, Pauls ferrari and Lennys' 158 all had terrific grip and on a couple of occasions "you" had to be reminded that these top few could be pushed harder than most of the others, 

Certainly lessons could be learnt for the rest of us that you cannot spend too much time on preperation, my car was a typical example of that, good speed but a little sketchy on the bends, I really should have spent more time on prepping those tyres!

All in all a very enjoyable day, just love the Proxy thing next years series cannot come quick enough!

Can I close off by giving special mention to Paulslots Ferrari 1512, well done Paul ,a beautifully presented car, and using that chassis has again shown that it can be put together and perform at the top end of a very competitive field,

Terry

Hi all,

Well, #10 is back to its rightful position. 

To the many points for improvement that I picked up from Phil's comments, I can now add tyre preparation. This is good to know. I will definitely get started earlier on next year's car so I can have a lot more testing time than I had this year. A few months of testing would definitely be better than the few minutes I had this year before I had to get the car in the mail. 

What really pleases me about this, my first proxy, is the great feedback from which I can learn and from which I expect to improve. At least, the little T79 will now give a benchmark for testing a new car. The new one just needs to be 20+% quicker to get in the game. Haha, very unlikely! I'd be stoked if it was 10% quicker. That would be progress.

Thanks to all.

Peter

Applies to most of us Terry about feedback and improvment to the cars , some as you will have noticed are streaks above the rest , i,ve been doing this for a while now and at the moment the cars have gone backwards to where they were say a couple of seasons ago .

There is a lot of variations in slot car motors and i have found that especially in the ff one's , tyres are cruicial there seem to be so many differant one's being used now, again a few years ago it was PG's or MJK so unless you are able to get the right tyres for the tracks you will always be playing catch up, i use a razor tyre truer but apparantly my tyres are not so good , possibly because i only have plastic track which has differant handling than the wood ones on which i do my set up's.

You are doing pretty well mate at the moment and you will find it won't be 20 or 10% improvement but 1 or 2 is the norm and judging by other proxies i do getting into the top 3 is really hard when your looking for fractions, well that's my opinion anyway been doing these things for years now.

Thanks to Paul and crew for the running of Round 4

Congratulations to Brumos for his win and to Paul for his first runners up spot. Please to see my car up there again after it's poor showing in tassie last round.

Cheers Alan