kalbfellp

Round 3 2021 Tasman Cup Proxy Series Mornington Park

Round 3 was held at Dave Grays Mornington Park track.

Track-1.jpg

Drivers for this Round were Yours Truly Adrian Gray and relative newby Mal O'May.

Mal has only been racing around 2 years!

3ntKuPD.jpg

sbxGxgP.jpg

This corner became very bust during the event with many cars finishing their run on this corner.

A few pics of the cars on this track,sorry pics are limited hard to drive and take pics.

TFeTenM.jpgRqnTWHX.jpg

JRSu1JH.jpg

WtJMVxx.jpg

MoHGgyR.jpg

Zqf21l0.jpg

e2OqyLg.jpg

fZ96m4F.jpg

ghEGHHG.jpgmnuE1Sx.jpg

After 2 hours Car 22 ended up on the same lap as my car 9 BUT 3 tenths in front.

Mal could not come to grips with the lack of brakes in my car, just shows that Proxy cars need to be easy to drive for all drivers.

Car 15 BRM had the motor  expire during heat 2, this will be replaced before the cars are posted to Eric.

Several of the cars struggled with grip  7mm is about the maximium depth.

But in general all the cars are good to drive with no real problems with any car, as far as drivability.

BbDypku.jpg

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Be interesting to know Phil why so many of us are of the pace this year , looks like outright speed looking at the amount of laps and lap times the top runners are doing, looking at comments seems most cars are handling ok, perhaps the drivers could let us know why so we can improve for next year

There is one hell of a gap as well now in points looks like already the final results are between 6 cars , be good to get the field more competative in the future, can only find out what were doing wrong if were told so we can compete. 

Hi Phil and Peter. 

Seems most of the cars and times are similar paced.

Looks as if a crash or fall off is the difference between  most.

Good luck to all

Paul 

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

Disagree Paul think we need to find out why the large gap so others can catch up, top 5 are away as regards points , look at the fastest laps gives you a good idea as to the performance of the cars , couple of tenths is a big gap , all i would like is a view on what the rest of us mere mortals are doing wrong, i cannot learn on the track as i'm in  a differant Hemisphere so rely fully on feed back.

For most of us the series is over have no chance of a competative come back lot of differance from 50 points for finishing first and 23 rd place and last getting 4 points, i know there needs to be us also rans so the top boys can feel great being there , without the rest of us you don't get to race , so all i,m asking is some decent feed back so we can  have a go and compete.

Congratulations Paul, Phil and Sdeamon on your win and podiums.  Phil, thank you, Adrian and Mail for getting all you could out of the #33, organizing the race and driving.  To those who did not finish where they wanted I wish you the best next Raceday.  

9 hours ago, Peter Gunn said:

Disagree Paul think we need to find out why the large gap so others can catch up, top 5 are away as regards points , look at the fastest laps gives you a good idea as to the performance of the cars , couple of tenths is a big gap , all i would like is a view on what the rest of us mere mortals are doing wrong, i cannot learn on the track as i'm in  a differant Hemisphere so rely fully on feed back.

For most of us the series is over have no chance of a competative come back lot of differance from 50 points for finishing first and 23 rd place and last getting 4 points, i know there needs to be us also rans so the top boys can feel great being there , without the rest of us you don't get to race , so all i,m asking is some decent feed back so we can  have a go and compete.

Firstly, 

Thanks to all the organisers, track owners and participants of this proxy race. 
I thought I knew about car setup, but I have learnt a lot about car setup during this proxy.

Well done to PaulSlots and the other placegetters.

Peter - I agree with Phil, in that you need to setup a car that OTHER people can drive, that is the failing with my car - I set it up for myself to drive.
If you look back to the comments of  the Qualifying of round 1, you will see that the better cars are VERY easy and forgiving to drive.
That then gives you confidence to drive quicker.

I am already building next years car and I will NOT be testing it, I have a guy in mind to do my testing !!

Dennis

Dennis i have been entering this proxy for a few years now and have always considered all proxies a learning curve especially when you have no club track to race on , i set up on my home plastic track to race on wood tracks and in some proxies i'm reasonably successful, not over bothered about winning like some , but want to turn out a competative car to compete so will listen to any advice given.

The problem i seem to have once again is not drivability or handling but my motors don't seem to give the performance of others i,m using the Tassie 1790 and the SRP 18k and i,m gearing the same as most of the top guys do, so i would like to know where i,m going wrong as over the last couple of series my cars have improved slightly but have gone backwards as far as results are concerned so i,m trying to fathom out why , so if there is a next time i can put a better car out.

I am actually building a new car , using the beardog chassis as i,m unable to make a brass chassis due to arthritis in the fingers so it does take me time just to do modiifications to it and use some of the advice i,ve been given, don't want to make any mistakes i may have done in the current cars , hence i would like some constructive feed back to improve , as i,ve said always want feed back if the car is a pile of S------ tell me i don't mind at all.

Wow, #10 wasn't last this time - but still almost the slowest.

This track doesn't appear to have long straights so, maybe, my stupidly low gearing wasn't quite so much of a disadvantage?

I'd love to know how the handling/drivability compares with others and what can be suggested to improve that. I'm trying to learn.

On 6/7/2021 at 12:36 AM, Peter Gunn said:

Dennis i have been entering this proxy for a few years now and have always considered all proxies a learning curve especially when you have no club track to race on , i set up on my home plastic track to race on wood tracks and in some proxies i'm reasonably successful, not over bothered about winning like some , but want to turn out a competative car to compete so will listen to any advice given.

The problem i seem to have once again is not drivability or handling but my motors don't seem to give the performance of others i,m using the Tassie 1790 and the SRP 18k and i,m gearing the same as most of the top guys do, so i would like to know where i,m going wrong as over the last couple of series my cars have improved slightly but have gone backwards as far as results are concerned so i,m trying to fathom out why , so if there is a next time i can put a better car out.

I am actually building a new car , using the beardog chassis as i,m unable to make a brass chassis due to arthritis in the fingers so it does take me time just to do modiifications to it and use some of the advice i,ve been given, don't want to make any mistakes i may have done in the current cars , hence i would like some constructive feed back to improve , as i,ve said always want feed back if the car is a pile of S------ tell me i don't mind at all.

Keith, I couldn’t agree more on feedback as You are my Slot Brother from the other side of the pond.   I too tune on plastic to run proxies on wood and I have no club or mates to run against.  I’m sure the Gents will give you feed back.