Nascar

mtpanorama

Last weekend at Darlington James Davison ran his car in this throwback scheme to honor Dick Johnson’s scheme from 1989-1990.

15-smart-sanitizer-darlington.jpg

Image from James Davision.

Copied from the following website which has all the paint schemes:

https://www.jayski.com/paint-schemes/cup-series-paint-schemes/2021-spring-darlington-raceway-announced-throwback-paint-schemes/

• Like 1

Corporate greed is driving inflation.

Cash, use it or lose it.  No Digital Currency, No Digital ID.

Finally got around to watching the race, James Davison's Dick Johnson’s scheme got a short mention in the coverage before Jeff "look at me" Gordon cut it off.

Favorite livery was Tyler Reddick's tribute to Marty Robbins, it really stood out.

2021-8-darlington-throwback-1536x836.jpg

For those of you who think ovals are boring the next race is at the Circuit Of The Americas, a road course, and the first time Nascar has raced there so it should be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Hellooooo............Anybody out there, no problem I'll just talk to myself, getting used to that now we are in lock-down 4 part 2 waiting for part 3, 4, etc.

The Cup race at COTA was great, not only Nascar's going left and right but on wet tyres and in the rain.

EchoPark Texas Grand Prix from COTA | NASCAR Cup Series Full Race Replay - YouTube

We used to get Nascar a lot in this country , but these days it,s hard to find anything about it at all, rely on you Tube myself now , pity there is not more interest in Nascar slot cars like there used to be a few years back , especially now there are 3d chassis for these cars

Indy Car has been on the upswing as a lot of the National go kart kids are starting to move Formula Ford and the Road to Indy as well as US Formula 4 and FR America’s (US F3).   Heck Jimmy Johnson is bringing up the rear of Indy Car.   NASCAR is doing everything possible to try to remain relevant, from racing on dirt to going to more road courses and is having some success.  The big hurt seems to be the complicated points system that has consistently become more complicated.   Jeff Gordon would’ve won another Championship, Kevin Harvick, Carl Edwards and Joey Logano would be champions also. 

People like simple points systems. 

Thanks for the replies guys, I knew I wasn't the only crazy into Nascar on the planet.

I thought that they changed the Nascar points system so Earnhardt Jr would win the championship but he still couldn't get it right.:)  A simpler points system would be better, and I am still a little undecided about the Stage racing, it does keep the racing close but it also seems a bit artificial.

Next two replays are up, Xfinity from Mid-Ohio and Cup from Sonoma, more road racing, got my weekend sorted.