Sign in to follow this  
toast

difalco controller

hey all , just got my first difalco controller , i race 24th scale 25k motors and an assorted 32nd scale again up to 25k motors , max voltage 12 volt , so my question do i need a special plug so that i get the full benefit of the controller or just a good old from jaycar be ok 

cheers

shaun   

I know very little but you might need a different plug in module to change from 1/24 to 1/32 but perhaps only if you race 1/24 metal. If they are both RTR you may be OK. A 25K motor in 1/24 would suggest RTR as most metal cars are nearer 50-60000. Regards Chas Le Breton

3 hours ago, toast said:

hey all , just got my first difalco controller , i race 24th scale 25k motors and an assorted 32nd scale again up to 25k motors , max voltage 12 volt , so my question do i need a special plug so that i get the full benefit of the controller or just a good old from jaycar be ok 

cheers

shaun   

Plug? As in the standard three prong 240v female as below image?

They are all the same and can handle up-to 240v as the tracks run at 12v these standard 240v plugs are more than sufficient.

HPM-CD7-P15-CL.jpg

14 hours ago, Johnno said:

Plug? As in the standard three prong 240v female as below image?

They are all the same and can handle up-to 240v as the tracks run at 12v these standard 240v plugs are more than sufficient.

HPM-CD7-P15-CL.jpg

And cheaper from Bunnings.

• Like 1

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it people will eventually come to believe it." Joseph Goebbels

1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual.

Hi Toast.

Perhaps I misunderstood original question. Sorry about that.

In NZ while some people use the small round IEC plug or whatever it is called preference is now fairly universal  - jug plug. Problem seen with normal electrical plug is some child might try to plug into 240 volt socket. A serious potential health and safety issue.

Regards Chas Le Breton

IEC is the jug plug and the small round one Charlesss refers to is known as the XLR connector.... unless I have my Xs mixed up with my kettle 

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Sorry silly me. Thanks for the correction Munter. You are spot on. Regards Chas Le Breton