Sign in to follow this  
KarKraft

Sauber Mercedes C9

Here is a build I did a while ago to plug a gap in my collection of Le Mans winners. I was always a bit frustrated that Slot It did the 1983 and 1989 winners only in box sets. Getting a white kit and building this one was a no-brainer being a single colour. Not sure the Porsche would be as easy.

Photo02.jpg

Nicely packaged parts.

Photo04.jpg

The car comes like this – lack of instructions was a bit frustrating.

Photo05.jpg

Up to this point, things were going really well. Paint and decals went on nicely.

PhotoMaind.jpg

There were a few flaws in the clear coat – I could do a better job now, but it came out OK.

• Like 4

Looks flaming good to me. 

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Thanks guys. The shady photography hides some sins.

I used Pattos decals. They blistered when I put red Microsol on them. Followed by Tamiya clear rattle can.

I now only use blue Microset, and Humbrol clear in an airbrush, and 95% don't have any problems with them. But I couldn't tell you if the problem was with the materials or my technique. 

• Like 1

Nice work Brett, I bought the same original car from a mate who split up his 3 car set. I changed the rear wheels also as they ran larger 19 inch rear wheels on them and I thought it looked better set up with them and an offset pod.

Need to catch up with you and some of the other Wollongong guys at some stage too.