Lancia037

Welcome aboard Paul there is plenty of information here on different tracks and surfaces. It probably is best to see what people in your area use so if you decide to do some racing you can be competitive.

If you live in NZ you would benefit from gloss paint as that seems the norm over there.

In Australia it seems nothing is standard, anything from Ferrodore which is basically the paint they paint the harbour bridge with.

Matt paint or chalkboard paint was popular here too. 

In the last few years suede paint has been popular among some of the NSW guys  

Everyone seems to have a different reason to use a type of paint so hopefully you can work out what is good for you. 

Regards Vince

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Paul.

Don't be shy, post up some photos of your tracks! (Some of us like to live vicariously through other people's threads!);)

What region are you located in? There may be other members nearby that you could compare track surface notes with.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lancia037 said:

Hi,

I will post some pictures when I figure out how to....

There is a thread on here somewhere describing how to do it. Not hard when you know how (well, I guess that covers most things really, doesn't it...:rolleyes:)

I use Quickimgur on my phone and I think Imgur on my computer. Upload the image to those and they make a URL link you can insert into your post to show the picture.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lancia037 said:

Good evening all,

Above are some pictures of the layouts and the cars, I accidentally sent the same picture twice.

I am located in the Hunter Valley NSW.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for sharing.  I am one of the Mods here, so I jumped in and removed the duplicate for you. 
Impressive Collection 

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

12 hours ago, Mobbzee said:

Welcome to the forum Paul.

as far as your original post on track paint, I used polyurethane garage floor paint.

great with rubber and urethane tyres, crap for silicone tyres

enjoy your time here

Paul

Looks like you are building a nice layout u der your house