Sign in to follow this  
Sports Racer

2021 Touring Car Proxy - builds

Here's why you all should be very afraid. 

Presenting my entry for this years TCP.

fetch?id=1679518&d=1619491572

fetch?id=1679519&d=1619491676

It's the only car ever to break 2 seconds on my little figure 8 test track. The fastest car from last year's proxy did 2.17 seconds.

You all may just as well pack your bags now. :D

Cheers

Paul

May the downforce be with you.

I'm going to go the high tech route this time - oil slick out the back, tin cutter wheel centres,  and pea shooter head lights. Who said anything about fair & square? :lol:

We used to have demolition caravan races as our end-of-year entertainment at the slot car shop.

One year I made a pirate ship inside my caravan with party poppers as cannons down both sides of the ship.

Another year I hid a remote control small forklift inside the caravan and on the startline I drove it out and lifted other caravans off the track and over the edge.

So much fun when you start to think devious.

Oh that's pretty, pretty, can we do body mods like leaving the wing of then to reduce top weight , and roll bars ;)

Hi Peter.

If Paul can produce photographic evidence of the car starting and racing in a qualifying event without a spoiler I have no problem. Any Touring race car though I am pretty sure should have the semblance of a roll cage as I think they have been required across period models are supposed to be from. Certainly I expect my 2006 Aussie V8 to comply although it will no longer have the full interior it was originally built with as now as allowed by the current rules. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

How does it go in legal state? You know, with front tires under the bodywork, an interior and with a rear wing?

But you have given me more food for thought - particularly in the realms of rule interpretation...;)

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

I'm calling you out on this one.

After all you didn't build this car, you bought it at a deceased estate sale on Saturday. And you only paid $15 for it............................................ 

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

Picky, picky, picky.

Yes, it will have a rear spoiler by the time the racing starts.

Yes, it will have an interior (but no roll cage - it's not in the rules).

Yes, the front tyres will be cut down to fit inside the body.

And yes, parts of it were from the 35 cars I bought on the weekend and it only took me 2 days to build from a Scalex body I had lying around.

It's still going to kick everyone's arses!

Ah we have found Paul out his MODESTY chuckle, didn't mention home advantage , track advantage, and being able to test on suitable tracks as well as writting the rules :D, but for us mear mortals who cannot complete with the god of slot cars , were only there to make up the grid for without us he cannot race at all :rolleyes:  

Thanks Sports Racer.

It does not worry me either way as I will be nearer the end of the field than the front. My wish is to not win the wooden spoon.

Looking forward to proxy. My main concern is the safe arrival of my car in West Island. It is basically ready to go but I will muck around for a bit longer and try to not make it slower.

Regards from "The land of The Long White Cloud" and the odd sheep. Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Actually, the only one I need to beat is my brother. The rest of you are just there to look good parked behind my car in the winners photos. :P

As to "home advantage", all of you disregard my advice so you'll get no sympathy from me. ^_^

Cheers

Paul

After a test run against Paul's car last night, none of you have anything to worry about.

His new car was all over the place, and my good old reliable was on fire.

Also I have made a pact with the rest of the Canberra guys to help each other to the pointy end of the field.

If I know my brother as well as I think I do, he will spend the next 3 months tuning and re-tuning his car until he over tunes it and in frustration falls back on his old car and does OK but not great in the proxy.   Let's see what happens.

3 months to go.

Takes me 2 days to build a car.

That means one of the next 45 cars is going to be a winner. :D

8 minutes ago, Sports Racer said:

3 months to go.

Still better odds than me! :lol:

6 hours ago, Sports Racer said:

3 months to go.

Wishful thinking.................................

Excellent, you've got everyone thinking they might have a chance.

Just keep posting all the things I told you to write. :D

• Like 1

New body is ready for the HRS2 Megane 

Black windows out, lightweights in.

Factory interior coloured and hydrodipped in "tiny Carbon"

The car ran th UK South coast rally earlier in the year and is currently out on the Brighton to John o'groats road race e proxy.

https://ibb.co/k6JckQ7

Hi Non-fractal.

Looking good. Sounds a bit more like a rally car though than a touring car.  Just me being picky again again!!!!

I suppose I cannot get past what is determined a Touring car in Aussie (a big V8 Supercar such as a Holden, Ford Falcon, Nissan saloon, Mercedes saloon) as raced in the Great Race at Bathhurst. Perhaps they have smaller capacity classes but all eyes are normally on the V8's. I have even thought the Mustang was pushing the limit a bit as I would view it as a sports or muscle car. Wondered how heavy your body was after surgery etc.  and interior finished. One of the problems with my Aussie V8 even after removing the black windows, inserting new and lightening the body as far as I can is it is still B----- heavy. Oh for a NSR Aussie V8 but that is a pipe dream. Looking forward to seeing your car in finished state.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

The rules allow lightening of bodies. My Calibra from last year is quite a few grams lighter than a standard body.

Highly recommend you also add a lexan interior to help get your c of g down low but the smaller the body the less weight you start off with. My Opel weighs 19 g with interior.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Sports Racer. No problem with what you say but I want to race my Aussie V8. Think my car body is still closer to 30 grams. Already have a light weight interior. Regards Chas Le Breton

Chas,

I would agree that the line between tarmac rally cars and touring cars is somewhat blurry. 

The Megane is one of the "Ninco Lightning" series, factory fitted with alloy wheels and a lightweight interior 

The retrofitted body is 20 grams which I'll agree is heavier than I would like but then again  , the whole car will be heavier than I'd like, primarily due to the long can inline scaleauto motor.

All said, the car is my first foray into the international proxy scene so I don't have high expectations, especially on the track surfaces that comprise this proxy (wood)

Alan

Hi Nonfractal.

Good luck with your racing and your entry into proxy racing. Wherever you come it is a great experience. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx) from New Zealand.