2021 Touring Car Proxy - open for entries

Sports Racer

On 4/13/2021 at 3:04 PM, charlesx said:

Good on you Shaynus. Are you in Perth or somewhere else. Do you race at Syd's. Excuse me if I have asked before. Regards Chas Le Breton

G'day Chas

We are about 3/4 hr south of Perth. I know Syd, but have unfortunately only raced there once. I race here in Mandurah and that is enough of a weekend commitment at this stage. Quite a few of the guys who race here in Mandurah also race at Syd's. It is Dave, who is hopefully the 2nd WA entrant, also races at Syd's.

Edited by Shaynus
got rid of caps lock text

Alexis, you just scraped in at entrant number 24.

Any new entrants will be put on a standby list and if anyone drops out you'll be added on a first come, first added.

To all of you out there - I'm flabbergasted that you've taken less than 2 weeks to sign up despite me deliberately keeping this a low key affair. I've only posted it here and 1 post on the Slot Car Illustrated forum, nowhere else. I suppose it means I need to make sure it's the best reported, most informative and above all the most fun proxy on the planet. :D

Thanks guys (and gal). 

Edited by Sports Racer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

May the downforce be with you.

It’s on the www.slotraceronline.com forum as well and has picked up a few builders.  With the current state of the world, proxy racing and virtual camaraderie has taken off.  There will be more proxies with classes that make everyone happy while competitive racing can be displayed and lessons learned building these cars that may place us a little farther when we get back to normal racing. I love it

Guilty as charged!

I was looking for somewhere to enter a modified touring car in which was run in a healthy spirit of competition, and this series looked like fun.

I followed the last series on here, and enjoyed watching the videos. So being on the opposite side of the globe, part of the enjoyment is being able to see you car in action and get absorbed into the event.

So I think I have a car almost ready, but I now need to check posting dates for shipping to focus my efforts.

Thank you for accepting my entry, and I hope I haven't bumped a local off the list, especially if they are one of the drivers!

Edited by BARacer

I set deadlines slightly different to other proxies - there is no date for the cars to be delivered. Instead the car needs to be in the post by 19 July 2021 at the latest. That way everyone has the same deadline no matter which part of the world they live in. 

19 July is a Monday so the panic merchants will have a whole weekend to finish their cars. :P

I saw your post on Slotracer - all tracks will be routed, 12v and have a variety of painted surfaces. Urethane tyres work the best - Yellowdogs, MJK or Paul Guage. My preference is Yellowdogs.

The drivers are some of the best in Canberra which makes them bloody good so don't restrict your car too much to suit a slow driver. We have 4 slot car clubs in Canberra and more than 12 home routed tracks plus another 4 routed tracks at a commercial slot car shop. We do a lot of racing!

May the downforce be with you.

• 1 month later...