2021 Touring Car Proxy - open for entries

Sports Racer

The 2021 Touring Car Proxy is open for entry. The only changes from last year are instead of 12 rounds there will be 10 and it’s limited to 21 entries.

Entry fee will still be whatever the cost is to ship your car back + a couple of dollars.

We'll start racing in August with all cars to be posted to me by Monday 19 July 2021.   

At the end of the proxy the top 5 cars will be taken apart to show their insides and pictures taken so everyone can see what makes them tick.

Here are the rules (same as last year).

Rule Number One:

Any modification not specifically detailed below needs to be discussed. Bribes of cash, cake or chocolate are encouraged.

1. Body

1.1: Any Injection moulded or resin bodied car from the approved list that is marketed as a 1/32 scale Ready-to-Run (RTR) slot car. No vacuum formed or blow moulded bodies.

Max width 63mm.

Cars must be from 1990 or later, no cars from the 80's or earlier.

Approved List, let me know if I've left a car out.

Any BTCC car

Any DTM car

Alfa 156 GTA

Alfa 155

Audi A4 DTM

Audi A5 DTM

Audi TT DTM

BMW 1, 3 or 4 Series

Fiat Punto

Ford Focus

Ford Falcon

Holden Commodore

Honda Accord

Honda Civic Type-R

Hyundai Accent

Mercedes C-class DTM

Mercedes CLK DTM

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Opel Astra

Opel Vectra

Opel V8 DTM Coupe

Opel Calibra

Peugeot 406 Coupe (not Silhouette)

Renault Clio

Renault Megane

SEAT Leon

Subaru Imprezza WRX

Volvo S60R

VW Passat

1.2: Chassis - No restrictions.

Body screws should be taped or covered in bluetak to prevent loss. External body parts - mirrors, wipers, wings - though desirable are not required.

1.3: Guide may not project beyond the body as viewed from directly above. Tracks will all be routed wood with 8 mm deep slots.

1.4: Cars must have sufficient ground clearance to permit free running without contacting the track. Cars which drag on the track may be excluded at the track owners’ discretion.

1.5: Clear window material must be used where the real car has clear material.

1.6: Racing numbers must be visible in three places on body. Racing numbers must match. Bodies may be painted in fantasy or realistic liveries. Non-decorated cars (for example plain white kits) are not allowed. Duplicate numbers are allowed but if everyone enters the red #7 Slot.it Alfa 155 I’m going to be reaching for the spray can.

1.7: Headlights and taillights are required but do not have to illuminate.

1.8: Interior must include, at minimum, dashboard top, driver, steering wheel and shelf under the rear window. If vacuum formed, must be of reasonable detail and proportion. Champion style and paper drivers are not permitted.

1.9: No weight limit.

1.10: Bodies may be lightened provided there are no external changes and wheel arch openings remain standard.

2. Wheels and Tires

2.1: Tires may not project beyond the body when the car is at rest on a level track, as viewed from directly above.

2.2: Reasonable scale appearing inserts are required in all wheels unless the wheels have scale appearance and detail. Blank disc wheels must be covered with inserts.

2.3: Wheels must look like they were used on the 1:1 car. No F1 rims or 12 mm (dia) wheels unless the original car raced with small wheels.

2.4: Front tire diameter must be within 2mm of rear tire diameter.

2.5: Minimum front tire width is 8mm. Front tires may be profiled so that a narrower area contacts the track but must otherwise be full width.

2.6: Tires must be urethane or rubber. Silicon and foam tires are forbidden. Tires must appear to be black. Clear finish may be applied to front tire tread area. No chemical treatment (such as oil soaking) is permitted.

3. Motors

3.1: Any commercially available sealed-can FC-130 slot car motor that produces less than 23.5K rpm at 12 Volts is allowed. FK-180 are allowed but limited to 21.5K rpm. No rewinds or "mod motors" allowed.

3.2: Magnetic down force from motor may not exceed 30 grams as checked with a Magnet Marshal, exclusive of car weight.

3.3: Motor can be glued/taped/screwed in place. Pods can be taped or glued to restrict movement.

4. Modifications

4.1: Any part of the car may be replaced by any manufacturer’s parts. All wheel drive may be used only if the actual car used it.

4.2: Weight/ballast can be added.

4.3: Spring and magnetic suspension packages are allowed.

4.4: No traction magnets allowed.

4.5: Bushings and motor can be glued into place.

5. Vehicle Identification

5.1: Entrant’s name and body screw adjustment information should be affixed to the underside of the chassis in a readable manner.

6. Penalties

6.1: non-compliant mechanical and car set up issues including wheels/tyres at scrutineering - 5 points

6.2: repair of mechanical failure deemed not to be caused primarily by accident damage - 5 points. A grub screw coming loose is not a mechanical failure and won't be penalised.

6.3: car not run due to hosts discretion because of clearance issues - no points will be awarded for that round. Car owner has the option to replace tyres or park the car.

6.4: For all other non-specified events requiring vehicle work the penalty, if any, will be based on a principle of reasonable fairness to all entrants at sole discretion and decision of the organizers

Cars to be posted by Monday 19 July 2021

I think that covers everything. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Sports Racer

May the downforce be with you.

Good morning

Do you think there will be slots available for a new entrant or two from the UK? Then count me in please!

Have been waiting for the announcement, car is half ready...Scalextric Honda Civic Type-R.

UK build thread here...

https://slotracer.online/community/showthread.php?tid=1992 

Jeremy

Edited by BARacer

Yes please! 

I would like to enter the Ninco Megane that recently raced the WHO winter rally and is currently on the start line of the UK "Brighton to John o' groats" UK road race proxy. 

The car is a Slot.IT HRS2 chassis with an inline ScaleAuto sc0025b 21.5krpm.  long can.

The body will be a new Megane lightning #4 with a wing but without a lighting kit. 

The wheels are stock ninco lightning, the tyres will be black NSR or Slot.IT g25. 

The black windows have been replaced with clear except for the rear which form part of the wing structure.

The interior is painted ninco lightning factory fitted apart from the helmet which is one i found rolling around in the spares box.

AlanWilkinson.  UK.

https://ibb.co/album/WWtWSL

I will probably race you for that Crown Shaynus. Have entered my old 2006 Holden Commordore V8 again. This time have up-graded motor though from NSR Shark 20 to NSR Baby KIng. It is still very drivable but hopefully has a bit more grunt. Also going to try rubber tyres as event does not have so many rounds. Best of luck with your build. Good to see Sports Racer has been able to host again.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

• Like 1

Don't let him in - we have standards, you know....... :D

G'Day Jase - hope you've been doing well......

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?

Hi Sports Racer. Also glad you are on the mend. My car is getting near completion. After failure of re-build last year and late withdrawal things are coming together much better this year. Also mindful of time required for postage with impact of virus.

Grid must be getting fairly full.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)