Eggs Track

Eggmeister

Originally I was going to go with a 3 laner like phoneo but the wife directed that I make it 4.

Where can we put our missuses in for the "Eggmeister Spousal Training School"??

I think I'll only get one car this week - no no - get three - four - just go berserk! get some more track in there!

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Ok gents here goes. Firstly I made a little scale model of the track out of paper so that I could play around with differnet designs and heights etc. This is what it looked like.

scalemodel.jpg

After that it was down to routing and after a couple of days creating dust and noise and sweat and stubbies here we go.

overallviewright.jpg

This is the view from the right hand side.

overallviewleft.jpg

Now from the left hand side which shows the narrow overpass which will lead into the downhill essess.

essess.jpg

Back down the back straight which has a hump in it and onto the main straight uphill to the downhill sweeper which runs under the overpass and back up to the narrow bridge.

endofmainstraight.jpg

I have bogged the holes and hope to paint over the next few days. Lane length is around the 18 meters. Sorry about the quality of the photos but i only have a doggy old digital. Maybe santa will bring me something nice. Pumpkin's getting something nice....

Egg

Gents,

Thanks for the comments. It makes it worthwhile. I have putted the holes and joins and have gven the track a couple of coats. One more coat of paint and I will begin taping. Not looking forward to trying to lay it under the wide overpass but I shall see how I go.

I think that you might be able to run 1/24 scale cars on it but I don't have any so bring some up. Here's a couple of the painted track. Tabumanns black coffee. Nice and dark...

painted1.jpg

And another.

painted2.jpg

Some of you may have seen the centre speaker sitting on the track. I am going to have to leave it there as the room is a home theatre room and I have a projector which shoots onto the wall above the track and fills the entire wall. The picture just misses the speaker and is about 2.4m diagonal. I might even be able to play the le mans movie whilst racing or put the timing program on the screen. Who knows.

Merry christmas to you all and I hope we all have a little bit too much.

Egg

project.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Eggman is a Queenslander and a mate of Perro's on the forum. I have not seen him on here for quite some time but pERRO POPS IN FROM TIME TO TIME.

Hi guys I just saw this last post this morning. As Vinno has so rightly mentioned Eggy is a good mate of mine and we get to run on his track quite regularly within the Q32 and Legends racing seasons. The track is small to medium in length but Egg's design with the track is deceiving. It flows very nicely and has the feel of a much larger track when you drive on it. Yngwie asked about the 2 under passes. In all honesty I thought he had only the one under pass until I looked again at a few pics of his track. This made me think that it is such a good design that one under pass went unnoticed which is a good thing. The other one, that I do remember, fits in nicely and is positioned in a part of the track where the cars are flowing nicely along. Another really good feature with this track is that is works even better when run in reverse and Eggy has a simple switching system that allows this to happen within a matter seconds.

Here is a link to an article about Egg's track. Eggy's track

Marshalling is generally good unless the cars come off entering the cross straight and then a taller marshaller with good reach or a grabber is required. But it is a rare thing for cars to deslot in that section. Eggy's track is in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland.

If I can help with anymore questions please just ask.

Perro

Edited by Perro

Eggman is a Queenslander and a mate of Perro's on the forum. I have not seen him on here for quite some time but pERRO POPS IN FROM TIME TO TIME.

Hi guys I just saw this last post this morning. As Vinno has so rightly mentioned Eggy is a good mate of mine and we get to run on his track quite regularly within the Q32 and Legends racing seasons. The track is small to medium in length but Egg's design with the track is deceiving. It flows very nicely and has the feel of a much larger track when you drive on it. Yngwie asked about the 2 under passes. In all honesty I thought he had only the one under pass until I looked again at a few pics of his track. This made me think that it is such a good design that one under pass went unnoticed which is a good thing. The other one, that I do remember, fits in nicely and is positioned in a part of the track where the cars are flowing nicely along. Another really good feature with this track is that is works even better when run in reverse and Eggy has a simple switching system that allows this to happen within a matter seconds.

Marshalling is generally good unless the cars come off entering the cross straight and then a taller marshaller with good reach or a grabber is required. But it is a rare thing for cars to deslot in that section. Eggy's track is in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland.

Perro

Thanks for the info Perro. Looks an interesting track. Did he ever get around to making scenery for it or just left as is?

Perro

Thanks for the info Perro. Looks an interesting track. Did he ever get around to making scenery for it or just left as is?

Yes he did the scenery and I was hoping to show it all with the link I have included with my previous post however I can't make the link work other than to ask you to cut and paste the following:

http://slotcarouthouse.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22

To anyone that can help. Do I use the Topis Link or Post Link when inserting a Link to another sites post?

Cheers