Eggs Track

28 replies to this topic

#21 Yngwie

V8 Supercar Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

Hi Guys. Just wondering if anybody has driven this track? I realise that there are 2 underpasses but what was it like to drive? Was marshalling reasonable? Where is the Eggman?

#22 Vinno

GP2 Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

Eggman is a Queenslander and a mate of Perro's on the forum. I have not seen him on here for quite some time but pERRO POPS IN FROM TIME TO TIME.

#23 Perro

Track Owner

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

View PostVinno, on Jun 10 2009, 09:21 AM, said:

Eggman is a Queenslander and a mate of Perro's on the forum. I have not seen him on here for quite some time but pERRO POPS IN FROM TIME TO TIME.

Hi guys I just saw this last post this morning. As Vinno has so rightly mentioned Eggy is a good mate of mine and we get to run on his track quite regularly within the Q32 and Legends racing seasons. The track is small to medium in length but Egg's design with the track is deceiving. It flows very nicely and has the feel of a much larger track when you drive on it. Yngwie asked about the 2 under passes. In all honesty I thought he had only the one under pass until I looked again at a few pics of his track. This made me think that it is such a good design that one under pass went unnoticed which is a good thing. The other one, that I do remember, fits in nicely and is positioned in a part of the track where the cars are flowing nicely along. Another really good feature with this track is that is works even better when run in reverse and Eggy has a simple switching system that allows this to happen within a matter seconds.

Here is a link to an article about Egg's track. Eggy's track

Marshalling is generally good unless the cars come off entering the cross straight and then a taller marshaller with good reach or a grabber is required. But it is a rare thing for cars to deslot in that section. Eggy's track is in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland.

If I can help with anymore questions please just ask.

Perro

Edited by Perro, 10 June 2009 - 02:22 PM.

#24 Yngwie

V8 Supercar Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

View PostPerro, on Jun 10 2009, 12:13 PM, said:

Hi guys I just saw this last post this morning. As Vinno has so rightly mentioned Eggy is a good mate of mine and we get to run on his track quite regularly within the Q32 and Legends racing seasons. The track is small to medium in length but Egg's design with the track is deceiving. It flows very nicely and has the feel of a much larger track when you drive on it. Yngwie asked about the 2 under passes. In all honesty I thought he had only the one under pass until I looked again at a few pics of his track. This made me think that it is such a good design that one under pass went unnoticed which is a good thing. The other one, that I do remember, fits in nicely and is positioned in a part of the track where the cars are flowing nicely along. Another really good feature with this track is that is works even better when run in reverse and Eggy has a simple switching system that allows this to happen within a matter seconds.

Marshalling is generally good unless the cars come off entering the cross straight and then a taller marshaller with good reach or a grabber is required. But it is a rare thing for cars to deslot in that section. Eggy's track is in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland.

Perro

Thanks for the info Perro. Looks an interesting track. Did he ever get around to making scenery for it or just left as is?

#25 Perro

Track Owner

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

View PostYngwie, on Jun 10 2009, 01:13 PM, said:

View PostPerro, on Jun 10 2009, 12:13 PM, said:

Perro

Thanks for the info Perro. Looks an interesting track. Did he ever get around to making scenery for it or just left as is?

Yes he did the scenery and I was hoping to show it all with the link I have included with my previous post however I can't make the link work other than to ask you to cut and paste the following:

http://slotcarouthou...ic.php?f=9&t=22

To anyone that can help. Do I use the Topis Link or Post Link when inserting a Link to another sites post?

Cheers

#26 trotty88

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

Wow! Beautiful track, love the scenery work, and it looks like a blast to drive.

#27 gzminiz

Newb slotter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

i want the Michelin guy! that is awesome

#28 Eggmeister

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

Guys,

Great to see the old track is getting a few hits. Yes the track is a blast and has been the scene of some great nights racing.

The michelin man was purchased at Repco Auto supplies and is actually an air fresh thingy.

The over passes where easy to make and about the only thing I really concentrated on when making the track was that the ends of the pieces where the joins are always cut at 90 degress to the direction of the slots. I then cut the piece slightly long and wedged it in so to speak.

This ensures that the gaps won't widden over time. It has now been down for about 2 years? So far no problems. It has had beer spilt on it etc and it just seems to keep going.

My advice. Give it a go.

Regards

Egg

#29 knoath

Formula 3 Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

Great track Egg!
Could be a bit distracting with the video wall though!
Cheers,
Dick

SCMR build thread
Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users