KarKraft

XW Falcon Repaint

Content on here has been a bit slow - here's a build I did for an AMC article a while ago.

Being from The 'Gong, I've always had a soft spot for the Byrt Ford cars that appeared at Bathurst in the old Series production days.

Photo2s.jpg

Started with a Scalextric Phase II GTHO in Diamond White. Opened the driver's window as required in the race regulations and turned 12 slot wheels from an Oz Legends die cast Falcon in to inserts.

Photo8s.jpg

Added Patto's decals and a race driver.

MainBs.jpg

• Like 3

That looks spot on did you do your own decals for that or does Patto do them? I think I might do the same car after seeing yours. Better than having a shelf queen sitting there looking pretty. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. 

Vinno, yes they're Pattos decals. Just so you know, he's missing the white 'Wollongong' decal that goes across the front spoiler and the 'DRIVERS' one on the front guard.

57 minutes ago, KarKraft said:

Thanks guys. 

Vinno, yes they're Pattos decals. Just so you know, he's missing the white 'Wollongong' decal that goes across the front spoiler and the 'DRIVERS' one on the front guard.

Thanks, I look forward to your articles in AMC its' my favourite magazine.

Just picked up a 63 Galaxie and planned to make the black Chris Strode version one day. Plenty of builds when work is not so intense.

Thanks CapCom!

Vinno - you may wish to consider this alternate livery. Personally I think it looks better and is more notorious for its wild antics on the opening lap of the '69 Bathurst race.

52F260BF-A4EF-477A-848A-42A5F5.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KarKraft said:

Thanks CapCom!

Vinno - you may wish to consider this alternate livery. Personally I think it looks better and is more notorious for its wild antics on the opening lap of the '69 Bathurst race.

52F260BF-A4EF-477A-848A-42A5F5.jpg

Yeah you may be onto something there.