Sign in to follow this  
Peter Gunn

FERRARI 333 SP

The Revo range of slot cars is quite popular here , i don't have any but a friend has so i borrowed his Porsche , now these cars are rather nice but to many exclusive componments which i can't mix into my stock of slot cars and interchange things .

There are available now bubble packs of the bodies and a 3d chassis so thought i would have a go at my own Revo car , purchased the body at £25 which is already decorated and painted i chose the B Parmalat version and the chassis to fit at £20 so at £45 i have what i needed to build the car and use the rest from my stock of spares, incidentally if you had to do the lot i have done from scratch it would be a £100 car.

The body comes with a detachable wing which is affixed to the body by a magnet actually a very strong magnet , neat idea , also you get a couple of lexan interiors which i didn't know why they were there until later, the chassis just comes with the axle grub screws already there.

The build dead easy as this chassis is perfectly flat strong and hard and the body mountongs line up perfectly, so i selected a Slot it ballraced sidewinder pod, a Pirana 25 K Ballrace motor, slot it sidewinder gears 11x 35, a Thunderslot wood guide i recommend this as there is no blade recess underneath this chassis and the Thunderslot allows you to run the front low, NSR soft braids, titanum rear axle , Staff gold wheels and Yellowdog tres all round , weight was added midships and up front car weight is 87-6 gr all up.

Mating the completed chassis up to the body noted why there are 2spare interiors , the original fouls of the pod top front rails , the spares are low depth, not a problem to change , remove the interior cut the drivers legs of , paint new interior detail and refix the driver in the new interior and all done, perfect no fouling at all.

On the track after the usual lube and running in gave this car a really good hammering and what  a great build, my mate came over and we both gave it some wellie , and his comments summed it up bugger me that car is very very quick and handles so well with that guide.

Final thoughts really does look right flat low and wide , great body finish, down side the price of doing it , would i do it again yes thinking the Viper next even though the cost is a bit much but for a one off it,s great.1REVO.jpg 

2REVO.jpg

• Like 2

Great looking race car!

For anyone else doing this make sure you get the right body/chassis as there's two versions, A & B with 'A' being the long nose and 'B' being the snub-nose...this isn't crystal clear on certain websites :huh:

Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...B)

Good that you chose the 3dp chassis Keith.I bought last year  the Pilot RTR  one,i consider it my worst buy and my last from Revo Slot.Or maybe not now that they sell body kits.It sits in a drawer ,i was so disapointed i did not want to design a chassis for it but now i might change my mind

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

1 hour ago, alexis in greece said:

Good that you chose the 3dp chassis Keith.I bought last year  the Pilot RTR  one,i consider it my worst buy and my last from Revo Slot.Or maybe not now that they sell body kits.It sits in a drawer ,i was so disapointed i did not want to design a chassis for it but now i might change my mind

Unless you're interested in selling it Alexis :rolleyes:

Print It, Build It, Race It, Improve It, Repeat...B)

Yep make sure you get right body chassis combination this one is the B spec body and chassis, Alexis when i drove my mates Revo Porsche i  was dissapointed , but when my mate drove this it was an instant gotta get that chssis.

I have many really fast handling cars and this one is up there with the modified Thunderslots i put on here last year with roughly the same specs as regards mechanicals.