2021 Tasman car Arrivals

lenny broke

On 2/19/2021 at 6:54 AM, Peter Gunn said:

Two Loti posted Monday no idea how long they might take from here to reach you , but at least they are on their way

Ok thanks for letting me know Keith, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Edited by lenny broke

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 7:24 AM, Peter Gunn said:

Two Loti posted Monday no idea how long they might take from here to reach you , but at least they are on their way

Hi Peter

My kit car for Pendel's arrived at the mail centre near Heathrow Airport on 28th of January,  arrived in Sydney mail centre yesterday 5th of March 

I should get it Monday the 8th (I hope)

Edited by sticks

Hi All,

With  uncertain  delivery times from the postal service and some entrants not confident of getting their entry completed in time. I have decided to extend the car arrival cut off date to Friday April 9 to ensure that we have a full field of cars starting the series.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Thanks Alan,

I'll hold back another week from sending mine from Melbourne then.... give me a chance to perhaps get it on a track somewhere and find out if it's going to disgrace itself... anyone in the outer Eastern Subs of Melbourne who has a track?.. other than a Scalextric plastic one?

frats,

Rosco

Hi Alan,

My Ferrari is nearly there. 

Had a quick run around at Marks. Final detail and decals, shes done. 

Then  a tune up run. 

Specs;

Ferrari 1512 

PP shell

PP chasis

SRP18

9/24 ratio

PP wire spoke rims

MJK tyre

Solt it guide

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

Another 5 cars arrived today and yesterday

The Gippsland contingent

Stubbo's Brabham BT3/7 Climax

IMG-6346.jpg

Plugger's Brabham Climax

IMG-6347.jpg

Sainter's Brabham Climax

IMG-6350.jpg

And from ol' blighty the BRP team cars

Peter Gunn's Lotus 24 BRM

IMG-6351.jpg

And Dixies Lotus 24 BRM

IMG-6353.jpg

Here they are all tucked up in the transport case awaiting the rest of the field

IMG-6355.jpg

• Like 1

Have to agree with you Kevan. A great mode of transport for our precious cars. Have been always been very impressed with condition of cars on return after each proxy over the years.

Hope my two cars arrive soon as they will looking forward to cozying up in these plush quarters between racers. Bruce and Denny will no doubt enjoy too.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Rosco's Cooper arrived today after spending the weekend in the seaside village of Semaphore.

IMG-6370-2.jpg

Have to agree with you Kevan. A great mode of transport for our precious cars.

Yes indeed it is, A big thanks to Stubbo for sending over the case and allowing us to use it to move our little images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcfOIEsV_hXMBEttRLMpm around the country this year.

• Like 2

Beautiful looking model Roscoe. A real credit to your skills. Mine are a bit more basic I am afraid. Often start with the best of intentions but regularly fall short. Hopefully mine are now very close. Just as well Lenny extended the deadline for arrival as I thought they would have been well there by now. Appears that about half the field is still coming. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Thanks Chas....put a bit of work into it, but not as much as my previous entry a couple of years back.

This one does not have the same top end speed that #1 did... not sure what it is..... same motor, wheels, gears etc. etc... might just be a motor which needs a bit of running before it comes on song...

However, it was ticking over nicely without any binding at just 1.1v.... #1 was around that on completion.. we'll see.... main thing, those who are privileged to enjoy running the entire field during events enjoy them..... and that none are subjected to needing any repairs during the series... 

Yes, there must be a bit of the field still in transit - every confidence they'll make the scrutineer's paddock well before start of proceedings... 

frats,

Rosco

Hi Chas,

No sign of your cars yet. I've been a bit busy with our local racing activities and other non slot car activities. I've had a some more arrive  in the last week and will posta pic of them tomorrow.

If you have a tracking number can yo e-mail it to me and I'll follow it up with our local post office.

Cheers Alan

Morning all,

Another three cars have arrived in the last week, tow local lads and one from the Americas

Paulslots Ferrari 1512

IMG-6404-2.jpg

Mondeo74's Honda RA271

IMG-6406-2.jpg

BrumosRSR's Ferrari 156

IMG-6407-2.jpg

The deadline for car arrivals is only a week away on April 9. so if you haven't sent it get a bl%dy move on!!!!

Cheers Alan.

Sorry Lenny but I appear to have forgotten to grab my copy of tacking note. Was sent 1-2/3/2021 so should have been there by now. Will go to Postshop and see if they can provide some information. Thanks for help. A lot still to arrive in last week. Love the photos of cars. Regards Chas Le Breton

Another two of the South Oz contingent arrived today.

Daniel P's BRM P261

IMG-6411-2.jpg

and PM Daniels Lotus 24 Climax

IMG-6412-2.jpg

We're still waiting on six entries to come in two of which I know are in transit - ChasX's pair. There is only 6 days (4 business days)  left to get them here with out penalty. If they are in the post there will not be any penalty.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Another 5 Tasman cars arrived this week.

Fooieman's Cooper T53 Climax

IMG-6426-2.jpg

Peter G's Cooper T79

IMG-6438-2.jpg

Some random bloke's Ferrari 158

IMG-6428-2.jpg

Chas' well traveled Brabham BT3

IMG-6441-2.jpg

and his Cooper T60

IMG-6437-2.jpg

There are still two cars to arrive, Phil's Lotus 32B and Sticks' Ferrari 156 Aero.

All the cars received to date will be scrutineered today (11th). Any problems, I will contact the relevant entrants to sort it out.

Cheers

Alan