Yngwie

Difalco Brake Pot Burnout

Hi all. As the title suggests, I have burned out my brake pot on my Difalco controller. Have tried Armchair and they are out of stock. Anybody have an idea where I might be able to source one locally?

Regards

Try Slotraceshop Napier. SlotsNZ one of the Auslot moderators. Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

I think the correct stock number at RS is this

RS Stock No. 842-7062   It comes singly, or in boxes of 50 ! 
You would just need to run some shunt wires off your main board to the terminals as they are positioned differently.

Usually I would say "moi" but I recently discovered I have none of those or the the sensitivity pots. 
Kicking myself, as I did 2 shipments to bulk up all the controller models over summer, and checked all the networks, forgot to check the pots.
I have an emergency order leaving Difalco this week, but it will take about 3 weeks to reach me in NZ.

And given that I broke a terminal inside my own 50 ohm sensitivity pot 2 weeks back, from dropping my controller 100 times the past 5 years, I feel your pain John.
Very unusual to burn out a wirewound pot, it just carries a trace level signal, not the actual motor current. Did the coil actually break inside?

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

Thanks guys. Going to Hornsby to try my luck there. If not will go through RS Online. 

Cheers

Yes Jaycar could have but I would prefer to buy proprietry pot as there could be minor differences. Good luck.

Jaycar in New Plymouth has closed but should be easy to find in AU.

Regards Chas Le Breton

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Thanks guys. Going to Hornsby to try my luck there. If not will go through RS Online. 

Cheers

probably telling grandma how to suck eggs here, but just make sure you are getting a wire wound, not a carbon pot.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

Howdy all,

I use this 1 pole 12 position rotary switch and add resistors to it.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/1-pole-sealed-pcb-rotary/p/SR1210

At the moment I am using this string of resistors.

1 Ohm, 1 ohm, 2.2 ohm , 2.2 ohm , 2.2 ohm , 3.3 ohm , 3.3 ohm ,  3.3 ohm , 3.3 ohm , 4.7 ohm and 4.7 ohm      This seems to work for me.   

The positive clicks of the switch makes it easier to change, without looking, while driving !!

Dennis

Are RS-Online out of stock ?  It says Global supply, so comes from USA, but in their regular consignments, so should be quicker than post from USA, and that is the actiual cost $9.80 plus local delivery

842-7062

I just spoke with Jim, my stock order is leaving USA late next week, so still about 3-4 weeks from my door.