Scalex Ute

slotmadmac

2 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

I wasn't planning to; mainly because I don't know how! The great Munter could be interested, and I can ask him, but I doubt if my rip sh*t and bust methodology will be up to his exacting standards. 

I don't know that Munter would have a ute, Mac...... be a challenge for him. He does a great job of everything I've purchased from him.... 

frats,

Rosco

9 hours ago, Shaynus said:

Looks like some holes for some serious speakers in the back window! B)

Haha. Yeah, I think the scale appearance I was after got lost in translation. The original plan for the ute was to go for a full-on race look. I was going to put some thin aluminium 'frames' holding some metal gauze in those holes and have side pipes coming out of the body, but now I am not sure. I didn't twig, but when I cut out the rear section of the body I lost the rear body posts. When I recessed the ute tray, it only left me a few mm to attach new ones. Anyway, the car rides at normal height and doesn't have that race stance. I'll do another and won't recess the tray. That will let me drop the car 3mm, which is all it needs.  

Podiums are for short people.

2 hours ago, slotmadmac said:

I'll do another and won't recess the tray. That will let me drop the car 3mm, which is all it needs.  

Or do a third and add the canopy for a shaggin' wagin'..... that'd pull the ladies.... in pink..... they love that colour.

To be cryptic... add some of Patto's "Moon Equipped" decals.... 

Present it to your other half as a present... 

frats,

Rosco

• Like 1

Re ute. Munter had some a while back as I got one. Think it was him anyway. Moulding not quite up to Munter's usual standard so he may have acquired from somewhere else.

Agree Scaly V8's vary from model to model on WB but are fairly accurate other wise. Cannot say the same for other well known brands.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

• Like 1

I decided to rework this car, losing the rear window vents and adding a flat tray. This one will end up as street version, so I now wonder if the flat tray will look as good as the recessed tray I produced at the start of this thread. Regardless, at this stage I am here. 

zFFZPjrl.jpg

A race version will be in the works soon enough. In the meantime I will struggle with my 'bull at a gate' tendencies and try and get a half-decent paint job on this one. 

Edited by slotmadmac

After toying with the idea of going down the street car path, I ended up here. This car will be raced at some point in our local V8 Supercar class so I added a contrast stripe and threw on a few random decals from the spares box.

UnPlx7Rl.jpg

UfeetHZl.jpg

F95z3KMl.jpg

After all this, I think that I prefer the recessed tray version,  so may knock another one out when i get a spare few hours. 

• Like 2

Hi Mac. I would send you some photos of my resin body if I could work out how to post. Had no trouble under old version. Dug body out. Rather over scale and heavy at 31gms even after considerable lightening. I am sure Munter  could produce a much better and lighter one if he was so inclined.

Regards Chas Le Breton