Oldskool62

Dick Johnson Greens-Tuf XE & Mustang

Hey All,

I'm almost ready to start on the Dick Johnson Greens-Tuf XE and Mustang. Because they are the same colour and also share the same livery (certain period for both that is) I am going to do both bodies at the same time. 

Can someone tell me what green to use, I would like to use Tamiya if possible.

Cheers

Warren

I used Tamiya Park Green on my 1/24th Mustang, probably not an exact match but the closest from the Tamiya Greens available.

• Like 1

1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual.

"You must always strive to be the best but you must never believe that you are."  Juan Manuel Fangio

I'm going to do much the same , 3d body's 1/24. Looking forward to seeing how the paint comes out before I buy paint.

1 hour ago, rastas said:

I'm going to do much the same , 3d body's 1/24. Looking forward to seeing how the paint comes out before I buy paint.

Hi Rastas I recently built a Dick Johnson Mustang and found a Dulux Rattle can called Dura Max. Colour is GL Grass Court and I bought it from Bunnings. It is perfect and you can see the result in my thread on the car or the picture below. 

25EA7B3B-75A7-4EC8-865B-69F826A052B5.jpeg

Great thanks for the information, will look for it when I get to Bunnings. Still working on the blue one at the moment ,but I am getting there ! Having a printer has been able to make the backlog of car's quite large. LOL.

Edited by rastas