Druc

Newbie/nuffie but enthusiastic from Vic

Hi all,

I have read some forum posts here, found this site researching Allen key size for NSR cars. Still not 100% sure of answer. About me and slot cars. First set, intro, was as a child too many years ago. Refreshed in the mid '90s when I bought my kids a Scalextric "Super Cats set C.804" so they/we had something to play with together. At the time I also bought a Lamborghini Diablo C.452 (green with tail lights). I buy with passion not sense :) I like Lamborghinis. Most recent set purchase was the Australian only release "Supercar Challenge" the week Craig Lowndes anounced his retirement from full time car racing (included Lowndes's and Van Gisburgen's last Austrlian made commodores). I also bought Tanders similar shape, but earlier commodore and Winterbottoms's Ford. Im a Holden man, but I thought someone might want to race the Ford and how can you have an Aussie V8 supercar challenge unless there is a Commodore and a Falcon.    

I aslo very like Aston Martins and when I was checking cars on the web site where I bought the lastest set, not sure if I can say who they are, but they do sponsor this forum, I saw NSR's ASV GTS. I bought it recently and it arrived a week ago in "white kit", because I wanted to paint it myself. I have, I think, decided on colour, but wanted to order the paint and an allen key (to adjust etc.) at the same time.  But I'll post that and other questions in the appropriate topics here.

Welcome Druc,

I am an Aston fan too and my son is into Lambo's.

The NSR Astons are very good, also have a look at the Spanish Black Arrow cars (https://www.blackarrow.es/en/), they have Lambos & currently a rerelease of their DB9 range from a few years back in JPS livery (gold, silver, bronze options). Picking up the Gold & silver for myself.

You will need a star driver though, they don't use hex.

Don't worry about not knowing anything or buying with passion, I've been playing with these toys for 10 years, as a hobby, not full on into it, and I still know sweet stuff all, the beauty is that there are plenty of heads to ask.

Enjoy.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Hi Druc.

Welcome to the hobby/sport. Always good to see new blood. I like Astons too. Still have a Scalextric DB 4 from 1960's as well as NSR Aston. The current Scaly Aston is also a good runner but not in same league as NSR. We race them in completely standard form except for trued and glued tyres. Possible not needed for 

I have been into slot cars for over 60 years so any questions welcome.

NSR grub screws are M2.5 while Slot-it and many others are M2. the M2.5 are better in my opinion but good quality M2's are pretty good. Make sure you buy good quality drivers.

Thunderslot use Torx screws which are probably better still but most of their cars to date are mainly Canam based. There Lola T70 GT however is a beauty.

All the best in slotting. Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

21 hours ago, Druc said:

Hi all,

I have read some forum posts here, found this site researching Allen key size for NSR cars. Still not 100% sure of answer. About me and slot cars. First set, intro, was as a child too many years ago. Refreshed in the mid '90s when I bought my kids a Scalextric "Super Cats set C.804" so they/we had something to play with together. At the time I also bought a Lamborghini Diablo C.452 (green with tail lights). I buy with passion not sense :) I like Lamborghinis. Most recent set purchase was the Australian only release "Supercar Challenge" the week Craig Lowndes anounced his retirement from full time car racing (included Lowndes's and Van Gisburgen's last Austrlian made commodores). I also bought Tanders similar shape, but earlier commodore and Winterbottoms's Ford. Im a Holden man, but I thought someone might want to race the Ford and how can you have an Aussie V8 supercar challenge unless there is a Commodore and a Falcon.    

I aslo very like Aston Martins and when I was checking cars on the web site where I bought the lastest set, not sure if I can say who they are, but they do sponsor this forum, I saw NSR's ASV GTS. I bought it recently and it arrived a week ago in "white kit", because I wanted to paint it myself. I have, I think, decided on colour, but wanted to order the paint and an allen key (to adjust etc.) at the same time.  But I'll post that and other questions in the appropriate topics here.

Welcome Druc..You can mention shops here we don’t actually have sponsors as such any more we have just left those that helped us in previous years up. It’s easier being relatively independent, there are less issues that way.